26| Truly Stuck

~To avoid disappointment, expect nothing from nobody~

Evangeline's PoV
I let out a small groan as I forced my eyes to open. I could feel the hard cold ground beneath my body. When I opened my eyes fully, my eyes darted around the room.

I froze as my breath got caught in my throat. This room I was in was the kitchen of the home I lived in with my parents.

Suddenly, it dawned on me. My father had taken me.

He must've hired people to grab me or something. I have no idea but I know for a fact that he was never at the house. I don't think he could pay them since I was given away to clear his debt. So I think he might've promised them something. But what?

The floor was as dirty as ever as the room was dimly lit. This is so different to Tobias' home. His is more nice, clean and homely. This is the complete opposite.

I sat up and shuffled towards the wall wanting to lean my back against it. My head was pounding; it became almost unbearable.

My father walked in without a word. He stood silently for a moment. "I see you've been having fun over there. That's not what I had planned for you in my mind." I didn't say a word. "We're gonna leave here and we're never gonna come back. Or, I guess, you won't be coming back."

Suddenly everything that ever happened in this house, hit me like a ton of bricks and I reverted back to my old ways, not daring to say a word. I watched him carefully as he left the kitchen leaving me in peace.

A feeling of dread resided in the pit of my stomach.

I'm not going to make it out alive this time. I'm truly stuck.

Tobias' PoV
"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?," I shouted out in anger before I turned and punched a wall rather than someone's face.

"She's been taken," Eros spoke calmly.

"No fucking shit," I said sarcastically.

"There's blood on the floor," Theodore spoke. "It's safe to assume it's hers."

"Fuck!," I yelled out in frustration. "Pull up all the fucking cameras you can find. This fucker knew we weren't going to be home so they fucking took her."

"Could it be the old man?," Elias asked carefully talking about the man that runs that side of the business, choosing his words wisely. I paused for a moment.

"He knew we had her yet he did nothing unless he didn't really want her. It doesn't fucking make sense. Unless, her father took her but why the fuck would he do that? He gave her to us to clear his debt."

Eros let out a sigh. "Fuck sake."

"I swear to god if we don't fucking find her-," I abruptly stopped sucking in a deep breath. Theodore stared at me for a moment making me glare at him.

"When I find the fucker that took her, I'm gonna fucking kill him," I spat out.

"Found something," Elias spoke loudly as he worked on the security cameras. "Dumb fucks weren't smart enough to take the plates off the car. So we got something at least."

"Better than nothing," Eros chimed in.

"Run that shit through the fucking system and then let's go find her," Aidan spoke up.

Evangeline's PoV
Don't come back. Don't come back. Don't come back.

He came back.

The door swung open and I was pulled up from the trunk of the car. I squinted my eyes trying to get used to the sunlight. In front of me was a small cabin in the middle of nowhere. We were in a forest I think.

The man I call father squeezed my upper arm tightly as he pushed me forwards towards the cabin. When we got there, he opened the door and forced me inside.

My eyes instantly landed on my mother. I let out a small gasp at the sight of her beaten and exhausted self before he pushed me on the ground beside her.

"I'll be back later," he grumbled out before he left, no doubt locking the door behind him.

My mom turned to me. "Oh sweetie, you look so much better," she spoke her voice cracking. "You look healthy and even more beautiful than before."

"Mom, what happened?," I asked her, on the verge of tears.

She let out a shaky breath. "He wants us to suffer."

"We've suffered enough. We've had to live with him. That's more than enough suffering." We both fell silent. "He's gonna come for me. I know it."

"Who?"

"Tobias."

My heart was suddenly filled with hope as I thought about him. He wouldn't let me die. All he's been doing since he got me was keeping me safe. My plan with Caterina was stupid. It was really stupid because I've fallen for him and I really shouldn't have.

"Let's hope this Tobias comes then," my mom said quietly as she leaned her head against the wall, closing her eyes.

"Mom, how long have you been here?," I asked her. She paused for a moment.

"I can't remember," she answered furrowing her eyebrows as she thought about it.

"Forget about this whole situation," she said as she glanced down at her tied up wrists. "Tell me, what's been happening with you?"

"The guy dad had a debt with was Tobias," I told her, not sure if she knew that. "He's looked after me. He gave me a tutor, bought me clothes and just did nice things like that for me."

"So you've been okay?," she asked me, a tear running down her cheek. "All this time, I've been wondering about you and hoping nothing bad had happened to you."

"Nothing bad happened," I promised her. "It was amazing. And when he comes to get us, you can see that for yourself."

She gave me a soft smile. "Tobias gave me a few lessons on boxing so I know a few things."

"That's good, honey," she said with a small smile.

"Mom, he really cares for me. He'll be coming for me. I know it," I spoke confidently before I looked down at my tied up wrists.

"Let's hope he comes before he kills us," my mom breathed out before she closed her eyes and left me alone in the deafening silence.

Tobias, where are you?