25| Nightmares

~Open your mind before your mouth~

Tobias' PoV
"What the fuck was that?," Eros spoke angrily as he stormed towards me. I looked up at him before glancing back down at my phone.

"She wasn't here last night," Nicholas said carefully.

"Neither were you," Theodore added.

"What the fuck was that? I thought we don't fuck with her, yet you go and do it anyway," Eros spoke getting flared up.

"Caterina fucked you over and now you wanna fuck her over," Aidan piped up. It was no lie that him and Elias had taken a liking to her.

"She's business," Elias said. "We don't mess with the business."

I sat there quietly as they all said what they needed to, one after the other.

"You done?," I asked when they fell silent. They didn't say a word. "Caterina didn't fuck me over. She told me it can't happen beforehand."

"You were hoping she'd change her mind," Theodore spoke up.

"Or that the fear she feels when she's around her father would be enough to make her marry you," Nicholas spoke slowly as he came to the realisation.

"Exactly. Now, as for Evangeline, I can guarantee there's nothing there. She's nothing but a business deal to me," I lied to them, not believing the words myself.

Why is she still here then?

"Why is she still here then?," Eros asked, reading my mind. "Why are we still hiding her?"

I paused.

I have no idea why she's still here and I need to figure out why.

Evangeline's PoV
I walked towards the sound of all the chatter. "Why is she still here then?," I could hear Eros ask. "Why are we still hiding her?"

I froze. I waited a moment for someone to say something but no one did.

But that is a good question. Why am I still here? They could've given me up a while ago yet I'm still here. That's an intriguing question.

"Hey guys!," I exclaimed and barged into the room everyone was in. All eyes turned to me as I greeted them all with a smile. Each and every one of them looked serious and in no mood for any jokes. Deciding to just come out with it, I took a deep breath.

"I have to say Eros that that's an interesting question. Why am I still here?," I asked crossing my arms over my chest. They're probably gonna get rid of me now.

Tobias clenched his jaw and balled his hand into a fist as he stared at Eros, no doubt planning his death in his head. Suddenly, his phone rang. Letting go of his fist, he uncurled his fingers and picked up his phone before pressing it against his ear.

"Fottuto stronzo (fucking asshole)," Tobias muttered in anger as he slammed his free hand down on the table in front of him making me wonder what he said and why he seemed so angry. When the other person was done saying what they needed to, he slammed the phone down and turned to the others. "Time to go kill some fucking fuckers."

Without another word, all of them left the room except for Tobias who hung back. "What?," I asked flatly as I watched the others leave.

"You're still here because I can't seem to let you go yet," he spoke calmly much different to his angry self a few moments ago as he stood up from where he was sat and walked towards me, with each step painfully slow. When he had reached me, he lifted up a hand to move the hair from my shoulder to my back. "And I need to figure out why."

"Why aren't you affected by Caterina leaving?," I suddenly asked, wanting to know.

He let out a chuckle as he twirled a strand of my hair between his thumb and index finger. "It was for business. Nothing more."

With that, he dropped my hair and slowly backed away from me. "I'll see you later, tesoro."

"Stop calling me an idiot," I said loudly as I laughed slightly. He didn't say another word as he turned his back to me and walked away.

He's a mystery. He really is. But this is a mystery I plan to get to the bottom of.

He has a reputation of being heartless and just not a nice person. I found that out when I had first arrived but for some reason I've not seen that side to him. He seems like a normal person. Well, I don't know many people so I'm assuming he seems normal.

-

"Are you dead?," I shouted out as I heard footsteps in the house. It's the middle of the night. The boys aren't back and the only people that are here with me are asleep in their room.

I got no reply. Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I edged towards the doorway, peeking through it before immediately pulling back.

Men. Ones I don't recognise. They wore all black and were walking around stealthily, probably not wanting to alert anyone. There was too many of them for me to count.

I'm going to die.

They definitely know I'm down here since I was stupid enough to shout out. Quietly, my hand inched towards a random pan on the counter before carefully picking it up and preparing to hit whoever walks into the kitchen with it.

Gripping it tightly with both hands, I raised it over my head, preparing to hit someone. Closing my eyes for two seconds, I took a deep breath as I could hear the footsteps coming closer. Without thinking, I smashed the pan down on someone's shoulder before dropping it and running.

I wasn't tall enough to reach their head. I could hear them groaning in pain as they came after me.

It was a very stupid idea to drop the pan. I could've used it again. I ran out of the kitchen and down the hallway, grabbing a random lamp off one of the little storage tables here. I didn't stop running.

For some reason, I felt like they could easily grab me if they wanted to but it seemed like they didn't want to hurt me. It's strange but that might just be my imagination.

Before I knew it, my body was thrown to the floor. My head bouncing off the floor. I lifted my head up slightly, the room spinning. I was dizzy. I lifted my hand to my head slowly before pulling it back and seeing red on my hand. I glanced around lazily at the good ten strangers in here with me. They're probably going to kidnap me.

It was definitely my imagination.

Before I could make a move to get up, my head fell backwards as my eyes rolled to the back of my head. The hand gripping the random lamp had fallen limp.

By now, I was surrounded with darkness, the base for all nightmares.