59| Here With You

~Love can be a temporary thing~

Tobias' PoV
"Is it done?," Nicholas asked me. I nodded my head. "I really fucking hope we don't get any shit 'cause of it."

"If we do, I'll kill them bastards aswell."

He let out a sigh before he stared into her hospital room, through the window. I followed his gaze. She was sat up, staring at the blank wall in front of her. Her face was pale and she was still wearing the bloodied clothes. Her eyes seemed dull and lifeless.

"She's been like that since you left," he told me. I stayed silent. How the fuck can I help her?

"If I never went after her, she'd still be in that little crappy apartment safe from all this bullshit."

"She'd be with that asshole," he stated. "She'd be in the same amount of danger."

"She killed a man in that fucking kitchen and then sat next to his dead body for fuck knows how long. She's never gonna wanna go back to that fucking house."

"I get it but don't you think that even if we did leave, the same thing might've happened at another place?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I just need to know what's going on in her head."

"Probably the fact she killed a guy then sat with him while he died," Eros said as he stood beside us, watching her.

"Do you think she even knows we're stood here?," he asked. Nicholas and I shrugged our shoulders.

"She's not in a coma so I think so," Nicholas answered.

"I'm to fucking blame. She even said she didn't want me to fucking go yet I did," I said, my anger rising slowly. "Killing that motherfucker did nothing. I should've tortured the bastard a little more."

"Dude, you took his finger and put it in a little box. I think you did pretty good," Eros complimented me. I glared at him.

"I should've pulled out each of his teeth and cut his tongue out of his mouth and then set him on fire after pouring gasoline on him especially in the fucking cuts my knife would've made."

They stood silently for a moment.

"Fuck, you missed out such a good opportunity."

"Damn, that sounds good."

"Oh god, that sounds even better than sex."

"I agree," I said before my gaze landed back on her.

Seeing her so vulnerable and so fragile made me want to kill the motherfucker that did this to her. I mean, she actually killed the guy that tried to take her and I killed the one who orchestrated it.

Feeling helpless, I entered the room.

Evangeline's PoV
I heard the door open. I didn't dare to look at him. I knew it was him. It was only ever him. He must've told the others to stay away.

I stared at the blank wall. "Evangeline," I heard him say softly. I tensed at the mention of my full name leaving his mouth. He never calls me Evangeline. He didn't say another word as he quietly sat down on the chair next to the bed.

Neither of us spoke for a while.

After what felt like hours, the doctor had walked in. After the doctor and Tobias whispered back and forth between each other, the doctor had finally left.

"Come on, we're leaving," Tobias told me as he tugged me up from the bed. My heartbeat was suddenly frantic as the image of the red stained floor emerged in my mind. "We're not going back there. We're going to another one of our houses."

He's got more than one house?

-

I was sat on a bed in one of the many bedrooms. This place was slightly smaller than the other one but it was a lot more homely. The outside was way grander than the previous mansion.

Tobias had come towards me with a huge T-shirt and a pair of shorts in one hand. He didn't say a word as he knelt in front of me. I didn't dare to look down at my body. I was covered in blood.

"You need a bath. It'll help you relax," he mumbled as his fingers grabbed the end of the shirt I was wearing. Gently, he pulled it up over my head before pulling my pants down.

Once I was completely naked, he pulled me up and tugged me to the bathroom. The bathtub was already full. The water stung the cuts lined all over my body. He helped me in and watched as the clear water turned red and disgusting. He quickly drained the water out before filling it up again. He continued to do this action until the water was clear.

He grabbed my shampoo and gently lathered it in my hair, making sure to massage my scalp gently. He did that over and over again until he was sure my hair was free of any blood.

After a while, he helped me out of the bathtub and wrapped a towel around me before he helped me into some random pyjamas. I sat quietly as he brushed my wet hair.

"The first kill is always hard," I heard him say. "You shouldn't have had to have yours but you did. You won't stop thinking about it and then one day shit'll change and you won't ever think about it anymore." I had a feeling he was talking from experience here but I didn't dare to open my mouth. "This feeling you're feeling will go away eventually."

"I took a life," I whispered out.

"It was you or him," he said firmly. "You had to choose between the two of you and you chose yourself."

"I have his blood on my hands."

"He would've had yours on his and you would've just been another kill to him."

"Did he have a family?"

"Yes."

I let out a deep breath. "I'm the reason someone's son, brother, father or husband won't be coming home tonight."

"He would've been reason why you were taken from me."

"It was either me or him."

"It was. And you had to choose yourself."

"I had to protect myself."

"Yeah. I'm glad you chose to fight."

"I'm glad I'm still here with you."