57| Tainted

~You're my rock and everything else~

Evangeline's PoV
"I'm back!," I almost screamed as I walked back into the home I've missed for so long. Enzo was the first to come towards me and hug me. Aidan, Elias, Nicholas, Theodore and Eros followed behind.

After a while we all sat around and spoke and caught up with each other. I told them all about Caterina and how happy she is now. I just wish she could come back.

Suddenly Tobias' phone rings and he leaves the room to answer it. The boys all look around confused, waiting for him to come back. It was off. Everything was off. Something was wrong. My gut was telling me.

"Boys, we got a mission to complete," Tobias sighed out before he leaned down to kiss my head. "We'll be back late. Don't stay up."

"Okay."

"I love you," he told me seriously.

"I love you," I replied as I suddenly stood up and pulled him into a hug, my gut feeling telling me to keep him as close as possible. "I wish I could tell you not to go but I can't so all I'm going to say is just stay safe."

"I will." With that, all the boys left the home and went to the base or wherever.

The bad feeling I had still hadn't left. The mansion was big and now empty with just a few of the people here working. It seemed eery. I left the den and walked out into the hallway. It was dark and empty. The lights had been switched off.

I hadn't realised how late it had gotten.

It was almost 11pm.

I slowly and carefully walked to mine and Tobias' room, not feeling safe at all. The people that work here will be leaving soon and that'll just leave me here all alone in this big place minus the security outside.

Hours had passed and I was completely alone. I was nestled in bed with a book in hand. I wasn't even close to finishing nor did I even have an interest in this book. I had no other form of entertainment. I wasn't about to turn the tv on and I didn't have my phone.

Since Lucas was working for the boss, he could've done something to my phone that gives him everything he needs to know and blah blah blah. It was explained to me while I watched Tobias destroy my phone in horror.

But he did give me a burner phone for emergencies. He left it in his office just in case.

I froze, thinking I heard a sound before shrugging it off as something in my imagination. When it's quiet and dark, it seems like you can hear every little thing. That was me right now.

When I heard the same sound of something hitting a piece of metal, I froze and didn't dare to leave my bed.

Someone is here.

The boys might be back. But if they were I would've heard them talking.

I had no phone to call for help. I only had myself. Deciding to just wait and see what'll happen, I sunk down into my bed. I slowly put the book down before I snaked my hand under Tobias' pillow.

My hand wrapped around the gun. Something I had never used. I need it for protection. Even if I don't know how to use it, I sure as hell can act like I know.

I dragged the gun under my pillow and kept my hold on it tight. I held my breath and waited for anything.

Minutes passed and nothing happened. I was so tempted to just get up and have a look. But I've watched enough horror movies to know that whenever you do that, you never survive.

Suddenly, my bedroom door was opened ever so quietly. It wasn't Tobias. The heavy footsteps told me otherwise.

I literally just came back and now this happens! I'll never get a break.

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as the man sang my name over and over again in a creepy way almost making me cry.

I didn't move an inch.

Suddenly, his hands were on my shoulders as he pulled me up and away from my bed. I stared at him in horror before I kicked his knees. His grip on me loosened as he groaned.

Instantly, I held the gun up at him. He stared at me amused. His eyes boring into mine. "You don't even know how to use it, little girl," the middle aged man chuckled sadistically.

Remembering what I've seen Tobias do, I dragged my thumb down over the little lever thingy. A little click sound was heard. The man still didn't look afraid.

He stood up straight and walked straight towards me. Before I could make a move, my face hit the ground and the gun was away from me. The man was stood next to me.

I didn't even manage to get up again as the man grabbed me and lifted me up before smashing me into the huge mirror we had. Glass hit me making me want to scream.

I've been through worse. I can survive this.

I quickly grabbed a sharp piece of glass that could easily act as a knife. Without hesitating, I stabbed him in the shoulder. He let out a groan as he grabbed his shoulder. "You fucking bitch," he spat out as he charged towards me. I ducked and instantly ran for my gun. As I grabbed hold of it, the man tripped me over.

He grabbed my leg and began dragging me out of the bedroom, the little glass shards poking me and no doubt making me bleed. I kicked and screamed and eventually managed to kick him in his bits.

He doubled over in pain as I staggered to my feet before I ran down the hallway. I headed towards the kitchen. I could grab a knife and just stab him. Plus, there's a way out.

Once I got to the kitchen, he was already hot on my heels. Before I knew it, he grabbed the gun in my hand, practically fighting me for it. We wrestled back and forth for it. The gun was facing the ceiling as the man had both hands on it as did I. Suddenly, a gun shot went off. I faltered and that was all he needed to send the gun flying out of my hands and towards the other side of the kitchen.

I quickly turned and ran only for him to chase me. I quickly grabbed a knife I found and pointed it at him. He let out a dark chuckle, one that sent a shiver up my spine as he noticed the knife shaking in my hands.

"Just give up," he told me with a shrug as he circled me like a lion would do to its prey. Before I could blink, he pounced. Not knowing where the sharp end of the knife was facing, both of us heard the squelching of flesh as the knife entered.

I froze in shock. My hand was still on the handle and suddenly all my clothes were turning red. The man gasped as we stayed in the same position for a moment before he fell backwards. I stayed still, my hand still holding the handle of the knife tightly.

My hand was red, my clothes were red and now the beautiful coloured floor was tainted with blood.

Everything was tainted.