Chapter 8

Couple of days went by the Team had hunted down the UNSUB, Carter Johnson had found Tara Wallen the survivor of the last house he burned down and kidnapped her. The team found out that Carter used to live in the neighborhood where he was committing the crimes they also found out that his family died in a house fire two years ago in that same neighborhood.

“Alright guys Johnson might be armed, so make sure you got each others back” Hotch said as the team was putting on their vest and ear piece in and checking there guns. everyone started walking towards the abandon building, Celeste was fallowing Morgan and Rossi. She looked at Hotch who looked at her at the same time and gave her a nod, she nodded back and they both went there separate side.

Morgan was in front, Celeste fallowing behind with Rossi and Swat behind her. Morgan stopped at a door letting Swat come around them. Opening the door and scurried in with the three agents fallowing closely behind them, They walked low and fast gun pointed down in front of them. They heard someone screaming and a “Shut up” scream. They ran faster towards the sound they made the corner at the end of the hallway, it opened up to the heart of the building. Their Carter Johnson noticed them and grabbed the girl and used her as a human shield trying to hide from them.

“Carter Johnson, let the girl go!” Morgan said.

“Does anybody have a shot?” Rossi whispered in the com, Celeste raised her gun in front of her and waited.

“I’m not going to jail! these people needed to go to jail for what they did to my family!” He said to them.

“They stood there and watched my wife and kids die!…they didn’t do anything!” he said as he started to cry.

All of a sudden a door open to the side and Hotch and the rest of the team appeared. Carter brought his arm up with the gun towards them, Two shots went off and the girl screamed. For a second no one moved and looked around, until Carter let the girl go and fell backwards. Morgan and Rossi both looked to their side and aw Celeste bringing her gun down.

“Hotch!” Emily let out Celeste snapped her head towards the door and saw Hotch on the ground with Reid and Prentiss crouched down beside him, Celeste shoved her gun in Dave's hand as She sprinted towards Hotch, she slid on the ground when she got beside them pushing Prentiss out of the way.

“Hotch! Aaron wake up!” she let out with a little panic in her voice, she gently tapped his face. He sudendly open his eyes and gasp for air. Celeste let out the breath she didn’t know she was holding.

“I’m..okay…the vest” he said trying to catch his breath as he tried taking his vest off. Celeste looked down and saw the bullet hit in the middle of his vest. She quickly pulled the velcro off the vest for him to breath better, she then sat on the back of her heels and gently tapped his chest. Aaron wrapped one of his hand around hers, Celeste looked at him.

“Johnson?” he asked in a raspy voice as he slowly sat up, Celeste turned her head and saw Morgan checking for a pulse, he stood and looked at them and shook his head.

“He’s gone” Celeste said.

Celeste and Morgan walked out of the building after talking to local police and handing the case over to them. Hotch was sitting in the back of the Ambulance with his shirt open the EMS was looking him over making sure that he was okay. Morgan gently nudged Celeste on her arm with his elbow.

“Good work” he said giving her a smile, she smiled back and watched as he walked away from her. Celeste looked towards the Ambulance and saw that Aaron was looking at her, she made her way towards him.

“No hesitation” he said giving her a little smile, she returned the smile.

“Never” she said.