Chapter 13

"What did you do with katie?" Celeste asked Susan now that they were in a quiet room, Celeste was standing with her arms cross and looked at Susan that was sitting on the chair holding her purse Hotch was standing behind Susan in the doorway with his arms crossed and watching Celeste.

"Why would you ask me that?" Susan asked in a calm tone.

"You and richard have been playing the happy family, When the truth is you've been separated. Why else didn't you realize he hasn't had a cigarette in over a month? He has no use for a new lighter" she said.

"Richard and I have been trying to work things out." She said calmly.

"Did you really believe that getting rid of that little girl would take away his sickness?

"You're not making a bit of sense." Susan said trying to make Celeste look like she didn't know what she was talking about, Celeste looked up at Aaron who looked at her and gave her the littles nod that if she wouldn't have been looking Celeste would have missed it. Celeste looked back down at Susan.

"Did it occur to you last week? After you saw on the news that a little girl was snatched from a local mall and found dead three days later?" Celeste said as she was starting to lose her calmness.

"Did you duct-tape her mouth, too? You know, if you do that to someone with asthma, they could die. But I guess you already figured that out." Celeste let out with a little anger in her voice as she walked closer to Susan.

"This was not supposed to happen to my family." She let out, Celeste raised a eyebrow to her.

"It didn't just happen, susan. You took her, a six years old vulnerable child who trusted you, who trusted your husband. You need to tell me where she is" Celeste let out as she got closer to her.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Susan let out as she looked away, Celeste looked up at Hotch who was now holding somthing in his hand up to her, she then walked to him and grabbed the doll that Morgan brought back from the Jacobs house.

"This is how katie sees herself, self-loathing, dirty, disgusting." She said with more anger tone as she was holding the doll in front of susan's face.

"That is what your husband made her feel."

"No."

"Those nights that she would stay at your house, He would sneak into her room and tell her not to make a sound."

"No, please don't do this." Susan pleaded with her.

"Do you have any idea how terrified she must have been, How confused, while you lay awake protecting an animal Who will always have those urges and always has." Celeste said raising her voice as she was close to her face.

"Don't. Please don't." she said as she started to break.

"There's nothing left for you to protect, susan. Instead of shielding her from more pain, You blamed her for your own." Celeste let out even louder.

"No, no, no." Susan cried out.

"Yes, you did. You have robbed katie of her childhood, Are you gonna steal the rest of her life from her as well?"

"No! Enough!" Susan screamed at her.

"Where is she?" Celeste screamed back as she slammed her hands on the table as her emotions got to her and making Susan jump.

"Katie!"

"Katie!"  Hotch and Morgan quickly walked into the storage room that Susan told Celeste she had put Katie in.

"Pick it apart, guys...every box, every shelf." Hotch said to the group.

"Katie!"

"Katie!"