Chapter 21

"We can't go on a case" he said as he stood in his office facing the older blonde that was standing across from him.

"This is not up for debate Agent Hotchner" Erin Strauss said as she extended her arm towards him holding the file, Hotch shook his head.

"The trial is tomorrow, I can't leave her here alone to face that...face him alone, so with all due respect Ma'am I'm not going" he let out, both of them stood in his office looking at each other, until his boss let out a breath and turned around and looked out of the window that over looked the bullpen.

"How is she holding up?" Strauss asked, Hotch walked beside her and looked out, Celeste was sitting at her desk and her and Morgan were looking at Reid and laughing.

"If she's nervous she's hidding it really well, she's to calm about the situation" he said, Strauss let out a hum.

"I'll send another team, just for her." she let out as she looked at Hotch who gave her a nod.

"Thank you Ma'am" he said, Strauss let out a hum with a nod.

"She's been threw a lot" Strauss said as she turned around, Hotch looked at her.

"she has, but she's strong" he then said as he walked to his desk and took a seat in his chair, Strauss walked to the other side facing him.

"I'm suprise with you two, it looks like your relationship is not affecting both your work" she said, Hotch looked at his boss knowing why she brought this up.

"We know how to keep it profesional, now since were playing this question game. I have a question for you Erin" he said sitting straighter in his chair and resting his arms on the desk, the blond looked at him as she cocked her head to the side by him using her first name.

"Is it true what happen to her father?" he asked, Strauss looked at him before looking away and letting out a breath.

"We were at the wrong place at the wrong time, it was a six months long mission and Kevin wasn't about to lose our chance to close it. it turned bad real fast." she let out, Strauss looked at Hotch.

"I'm the one that showed up at there front door to tell them the news, Celeste was the one that open the door and it was like she knew" Hotch looked at her.

"The whole family has a grudge on you" he said, Strauss nodded.

"I got out, he didn't. I don't blame them" she let out. All of a sudden there was a knock at the door before it open. both of them turned their eyes to the door, a brunnette peaked in the door.

"Sorry Ma'am, your eleven o'clock just showed up" she said, Strauss gave her a nod and the brunnette took a step back and closed the door.

"Well I need to go, don't worry about this case. Good luck with the trial tomorrow" she said as she made her way to the door.

"Thank you Erin" Hotch let out, she gave him a little smile before desapearing out of the door.

The rest of the day went by at a decent pace, one by one the teams member dropped there files to Hotch. Dave walked in after Spencer left.

"Is everyone ready for tomorrow?" The Italian asked, Aaron looked at him as he close one of the files and reaching for another one.

"Everyone said there were" he said, Dave took a seat in the chair facing Aaron.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" He then asked his friend, Aaron looked up from the file at his friend. Siting back in his chair as he held the pen between his fingers.

"I'm fine, I'm worried about Celeste. She seems almost at peace with the situation" he said, Dave looked at him as he raise his eyebrows.

"You think she's blocking the emotions and memories?" Dave asked as he looked at Aaron who let out a hum and nod in agreement.