Chapter 29

Two hours in Celeste was sitting on the edge of the chair looking down at the surgeon working away, Aaron walked in the room quietly and took a seat next to her.

"You don't have to do this, his gone, it's over" he said in a calm voice.

"I'm making sure, Once they take his heart out. I'll leave" she said without looking at Aaron.

Another three hours wasted away, Celeste was now standing close to the window, she had turned the intercom on so she could listent to the surgeons.

"I'm doing the last cut" the surgeon said. Celeste looked up at the screen that was in the room with them focusing on the heart, she watched as the surgeon cut the last artery then reached in the chest and took the heart out, Turning to look down at the OR, Celeste watched as they put Colin's heart in the plastic bag and then a cooler that was going to take the heart away. Celeste looked at the surgeon who looked up at her and gave her a nod, she returned the nod before turning towards Aaron.

"Let's go home" she said, Aaron gave her a nod as he stood from the chair.

Celeste and Aaron walked side by side without saying a word, Once they got outside Celeste let out the biggest exhale fallowed by a sob.

"Hey, your okay" Aaron said as he took her in his arms, Celeste held on too Aaron as she cried into his chest.

"I'm finally free" she let out in a muffled sob, Aaron backed up a little and looked down at her and gave her a little smile.

"yes you are baby, your free" he said, Celeste gave him a little smile, Aaron bend down their lips connecting, a soft kiss but full of emotion.

Three weeks later...

The team walked into the bull pen with their go-bags on their shoulder.

"Did I tell you that I'm so happy your back at work, I missed the fact that we close cases faster when your with us" Morgan let out as he looked at Celeste who dropped her bag beside her desk.

"You hear that Spence, I guess your not smart enough anymore" she let out as she looke at Reid, who rolled his eyes at her.

"I still read faster" he let out in a mumble tone, Celeste and Morgan let out a chuckle.

"I don't know about you guys, but it's nice going back to some sort of normalcy" Celeste let out as she took a seat in her chair, Everyone let out a hum in agreement.

"Where did Rossi and Hotch go?" Prentiss asked as she looked up at the empty offices.

"They were talking in the parking lot when we came in" Reid said as he looked down at his file.

"Old man business" Celeste let out getting a laugh out of Morgan as he shook his head at her.

"God I missed you" he let out, Celeste gave him a smile.

"I know" she replied. Celeste's phone buzzed, picking it up she looked at it.

Aaron: Hey, Can you pick up Jack from school?

Celeste open the chat.

Celeste: Yeah not a problem, is everything okay?

"Right little momma?" Morgan let out, Celeste looked at him.

"What? sorry I wasn't listening" she said as she around.

"Emily said that were over due for a outting of some sort" Celeste let out a hum in agreement.

"One hundred percent agree with that" she let out as she pointed at Morgan.

"What are we agreeing on?"JJ said as she walked in the bull pen.