XIII. Gunther

ONE WEEK LATER

Claude kept coming every night to check on Arius. During the past week Arius noticed Claude was looking at his room with disgust.

He thought Claude might finally change his and Athanasia's residence to another Palace. He did change the story so it might happen earlier than expected. But Claude never said anything about it. Maybe Arius was being too hopeful.

The time had come. Arius was planning on doing this peacefully but seeing as how Claude had been pretty strict with him not leaving Palace Grounds.

Arius decided to leave in secret. He had been meditating with his mana and had a basic control of it. He learned teleportation on his own. And now he wanted to leave the Palace.

He made a detailed and well-timed plan. He planned the perfect time to leave and come back without anyone finding out about his little escape. And when the time was right.

Poof!

He teleported himself into an alley. He cast magic to change his eyes and make him somewhat taller. He had learned the art of making fake money and so you can guess he had one hell of a time in the markets.

He would've always dreamed of actually exploring Kingdoms when he used to just read about them from his phone screen and now being reincarnated in those era's made him pretty happy.

Time flew by and before he knew it , it was time to go back. He teleported back and as he had planned, no one found out.

This became a daily routine. He would always leave the Palace at his time and return accordingly.

One day as he was enjoying the food stalls and looking at the lively city , his eyes fell upon a group of children, in ragged clothing , who seemed to be professional street thieves.

'Now being a good prince of this empire , I should catch these thieves!.... As.If. Who the hell said I'm good? Instead they seem fun , should I be friends with them?'

The children who had by now stolen fruits from the stalls and some money from the passersby ran into an alley. Arius being the curious kid he is, went after them carefully concealing his presence.

The children were pretty fast and swiftly moved from alley to alley. Arius tried keeping up but lost them at one point.

He gave up and tried to leave that maze of alleys, when suddenly he had a blade being pointed at his neck. It was one of the children, a boy with dirty brown hair, green eyes and ragged clothing.

"Well? you've been following us. What do you want?"

Arius was quite amused to see they noticed. Normally children their age wouldn't.