XVI. Suspicion

THE NEXT DAY. Arius once again teleported back to the city. He met up with the rest of the gang and started searching around the city with them.

They were divided into two teams: Lifa , Willow , Winslow and Elio (Team No.1) Jasper, Gunther, Cadell and Arius (Team No.2). Ruby stayed back to guard the Base this time.

Team number one was going to steal some money for them whilst looking for clues. While team number two which consisted of all boys was supposed to focus on information gathering only.

They parted ways at the Wifren Market , the most bustling market to the west of the empire.

Team one disappeared in the crowd whilst team two started going to the place where Mia was kidnapped.

It was an empty alley, with rats and bugs crawling around and little to no garbage at all.

"Um , do we have to go there?" Cadell whined. Arius paced forward to scan the area for clues using magic.

"What. Are you scared of rats?" Jasper inquired with a sinister smile on his face.

"Huh..N-No , why would I be?" Cadell replied , slightly sweating on his forehead.

Jasper picked up a rat by its tail.

"HEY STOP THAT!" Cadell yelled while slowly stepping back. Jasper sinisterly smiled and motioned his hand which held the rat to Cadell. They stared at each other for a while. But soon Jasper began chasing him with the rat and Cadell began running around in fear.

On the other hand Arius was completely ignoring them and focusing on finding clues.

'Hmm, I can't sense anything. This would've been so much easier if I had placed a mark on that slave trader I encountered previously. Tch. Ugh I feel so stupid right now.'

"KNOCK IT OFF YOU TWO!" Gunther shouted as he smacked the other two boys in the head. Arius also broke out from his thoughts after hearing him shout.

"This isn't the time for games." Gunther scolded them.

"Tch. Sorry." Jasper apologized.

"Arion, any luck? "

Arius shook his head sideways. "No, but It won't be hard to find them."

"..Do you have a plan?" Gunther asked

"They do kidnap children, don't they? And we are...." Arius took a moment to look at their expressions and continued.

"Four vulnerable children. One of us can act as bait to lure them out. The rest can then find their hideout. "

"Uh, No. That's too dangerous." Gunther said. Jasper nodded in agreement.