XXIX. Freedom

"SO, WHO'S NEXT?"

His red eyes glowed behind his blue strands of hair and his eyes screamed anger as they faced the disgusting beings before him. Right then a couple of men ran on the stage from behind the curtains.

"Why you little punk!?" They were armed with swords and began swinging them as soon as they could.

Arius's Invisibility spell wore off and now he became visible. One of the men targeted him but Cadell defended him.

Cadell fought against the two armed men all on his own.

Arius wanted to help but he couldn't use any more mana.

He closed his eyes and tried focusing so he could muster some mana but before his attempts bore any fruits he heard a voice from the distance call out to him.

"Your Highness!"

It was Felix. The Imperial Knights were now in the Auction room. Arius smiled when he saw the knight's arrival. But then why did Felix look so worried?

Why was he shouting?

Why did he call Arius by his title?

Arius knew these cliches all too well and he immediately turned to face behind him.

'Ah...'

A third man had emerged from behind the curtains. He had a sword and he was coming right at Arius.

Time slowed down.

Felix tried to reach Arius in time but the man was too close.

Felix once again shouted Arius's title as he ran closer. Arius didn't have time to run. He just closed his eyes as if hoping for a miracle to happen.

And it did.

Arius opened his eyes as nothing had happened to him. And what he saw before him was green hair.

"G-Gunther?!" Arius exclaimed in surprise.

Gunther hit the man in the stomach with the hilt of his sword, causing the man to lose grip on his sword and allowing Gunther to easily subdue him.

He sent the man's sword flying and Jasper, who was also standing at the edge, caught the sword.

"Your highness!" Felix called out and this time he was only a step away from Arius. He suddenly picked Arius up and began checking for any injuries.

Arius gulped as he thought about how much trouble he's in.

"Hahaha Felix...I'm fine..."

"Take His Highness outside and protect him with your life." Felix ordered a knight beside him. Arius didn't argue because he could see that he had made Felix extremely worried and he had been close to death.