XIV. The Gang

THE NEXT DAY. Arius once again left the Palace. This time he teleported outside that abandoned building and slowly made his way in. He had organized his thoughts yesterday and came to the conclusion that the girl named Mia was kidnapped by the slave traders.

That was the emergency those kids had. And that explained why the slave trader mentioned that day being his lucky day.

He also questioned Claude about the slave traders yesterday and found out they were pretty skilled in hiding, and so have not been caught as of yet.

'Dad said Felix would take care of them but with the looks of things , those kids might go to save that girl. Stupid , really . But I can understand how worried they'd be, plus the imperial guards still haven't caught them and who knows what they might do to the poor girl.'

Arius opened the door and went inside. It was empty.

'Huh..are they hiding? or out for their daily stealing?'

Gasp!

"Arion!?"

Arius flinched. A shout came from inside. It was Lifa.

"Where were you?! Gun told us he met you yesterday but you disappeared, we thought the slave traders got you!" She ran up to him and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, I just had to leave suddenly. Lifa, right?" she nodded.

Lifa let go of him and welcomed him inside. She took him to the second floor of the building which had a few rock-hard mattresses and some clothes scattered on the floor.

She told him to sit wherever and he did.

"..What... happened yesterday?"

"Before that , tell me who you are?"

"I'm Arion. I don't know my last name. I work under a nobleman but explore the city in my free time. The nobleman I work for is not a bad person and provides me with food, money, clothes and shelter."

"What's the name of this nobleman?"

"Hmmm...I don't remember..I only clean the estate, I've hardly met the head in person but the whole staff Is always praising him." He lied.

'Damn if such a nobleman exists , I'd like to meet him.'

Lifa was silent for a while before speaking

"Acceptable....So....Yesterday one of my friends, ...Mia, ...was kidnapped by a slave trader. My friends and her brother, Gun, are currently looking for clues to find her."

"..."

"I see..."

'As I thought'

"I'd like to help as well. Gun saved my life yesterday when I was almost kidnapped. "