LIII. Arius's Doctor

ARIUS, WITHOUT THINKING FOR A SECOND MORE, he ran. He ran towards the forest surrounding the Palace. He ran , ran and kept running.

Why?

Why does he feel this way?

He wants Claude to be happy.

But,

He doesn't like this.

He doesn't want this.

Tears welled up in his eyes as he tried to keep them in.

He slowed down as he saw he was deep in the forest by now.

He rubbed his welled eyes and sat down on the grass while leaning on a tree.

A deep sigh was given out as he looked at the blue sky with the fluffiest looking clouds.

The clear blue sky, one he had never seen in his first life.

It was calming.

He eased up while looking at the sky and soon the wells in his eyes began to disappear.

He hugged his knees and hid his face from the world. He felt tired. Mentally and emotionally. And now Athanasia was no longer here for him to share his thoughts with her.

He felt alone.

That is, until he heard a certain voice enter his ears.

"If it isn't that brat from before."

Arius turned around to face the voice after wiping his eyes.

And the moment he saw the face, relief coursed through his veins and he began to cry.

"Oi! You're crying!? " The ravenette began to observe the prince who looked like he had been crying before too.

"...Lucas..." Arius spoke in between his cries.

"What ? Did your sister die?"

Arius looked at the Ruby eyes that looked completely serious.

"What." Arius asked in shock and anger. His tears were now gone.

"You said she'd get caught in a mana explosion. Did that happen? "

"Her mana went in a frenzy, but she's still very much alive so don't you dare say-"

"Right, right." Lucas placed his hand on Arius and sat down while putting half of his weight on his head, causing the little prince to groan in pain.

"So then, do you want me to heal her?"

"..."

Lucas looked at Arius with a 'What is it this time.' look.

"Why, are you hesitating , this time!?" Lucas asked slightly annoyed as he remembered Arius hesitated during their first meeting.

"Shut up, it's not such an easy decision."

"Is it because your sister and you are opponents for the throne?"

Arius sighed at Lucas and his thoughts.

"I don't care about the throne. Athy is far more important."

From what I saw in the manhua, after falling in a coma , she only felt pain when she was awake. So if she's asleep for a month, she won't feel any pain. Time would simply move on. Waking her up right now would only make things worse.

Claude still meets that woman and spends time with her despite his daughter's condition.

Athanasia would feel bad when she found out about this. Plus this was the event that led to Claude and Athanasia developing a stronger and deeper relationship. But Claude seems distracted with that woman. I don't get it, why is she even here? She's already informed Claude about the potential war. So why is she still here? What does she talk about with Claude everyday?

"Hey! What are you thinking of ? Whatever it is, Stop!" Lucas held Arius by the shoulders and shook him.

"Ugh, What?"

"Your mana was acting weirdly. What were you thinking?"

"About the possibility of gaining a stepmother."

"A what?"

Arius sighed.

"Lately , my dad has been spending a pot of time with a women who is his academy friend. And he's being awfully nice to her. And we dont like her. No wait, we hate her. "

"We?"

"Me and my sister, Athy. Even though Athy is in acoma , dad still met that woman and was going to have lunch with her."

"Typical Emperors."

"...That aside, why shouldn't I think about it?"

"Well, it could trigger your mana to end up like your sisters."

"Huh? Weren't those triggered by divine beasts or black magic only?"

"Yeah, and then there are your own emotions, which affect your mana. Thinking too negatively will bring physical and mental weaknesses to your body and could possibly make your mana go haywire. For example when you're too stressed. " Lucas explained.

"Oh..."

Athy slept while thinking about the problem with that woman.

I did make sure her mana level was stable so was it her emotions that triggered it...Raven and Athy played for only a few hours, I made sure of that...so in the end it was an emotional triggering.

Lucas got up. "I don't have time to waste. Do you want me to help or not? Tell me, brat."

"...No."

"Fine, but I'm taking the divine beasts as per our deal."

"No, wait for her to wake up first."

"I told you I'd heal her but you're lost in your own thoughts. Time is precious, make the decision right now." Lucas threatened with an annoyed face.

His eyes were glowing.

Time is precious? to hell with that, he only healed her after a month.

"Don't heal her. Yet. And don't take the mana beasts either." Arius spoke in his cold voice and his eyes glowed as well.

I don't want her to wake up while Claude still has that woman beside him. I want her to wake up to no more lilacs.

"If you're low on mana levels and want to eat Athy's mana or my divine beasts simply for their mana, eat mine."

"What."

"If negative thoughts trigger mana, then my mana will be triggered a whole lot. So since you look free enough to be sitting in a forest. When and if my mana goes haywire, teleport to my side and eat my mana."

Arius explained.

Lucas looked at Arius as if he was crazy.

"You need a doctor."

"Be my doctor then."

Lucas can help himself but to smirk, he really finds Arius an interesting person. He wanted to know more about him.

"Job accepted."