LXXII. Eavesdropping

ARIUS WOKE UP WITH A START. After breathing quickly for a while, he calmed down.

It was just a nightmare.

Arius frantically looked around to search for someone and found Athanasia laying beside him with an opened book over her chest.

"Athy." Arius called out to her, but no reply.

"Athanasia. " He called out once again.

And that's when he heard her snoring. He sat up straight, confused by the noise. And stared at Athanasia until he confirmed the creepy snores were definitely Athanasia.

After that he had a hard time controlling his laughter.

His sister's snores were so unrhythmic and changed from slow and soft to extremely loud and fast.

Arius wished he had a phone to record this scene for later to show her when she woke up, but alas he didn't.

He completely forgot about his recent nightmare.

After finally having laughed a bit out loud, Arius was now over the snores, and remembered Claude hadn't come to his room for a while.

So Arius left the room and saw Gunther and Cadell standing outside.

"I greet the future sun of the Obelian Empire." The two bowed in sync.

"Your Highness, how do you feel? " Gunther asked worriedly.

"Hey Gun, I'm fine now. Do you know where his Majesty might be? "

Gunther and Cadell shared a look.

"Your Highness, don't overthink this situation. " Cadell warned and Arius raised an eyebrow.

"His Majesty is having an Audience with Lady Milicent." Gunther answered Arius's question.

"They've returned from their trip to the city?" Arius asked as he started walking towards the Audience Chamber.

"Yes, it's been a while since they returned." Gunther answered, following behind him while Cadell remained to guard the door.

"Your Highness, are you going-"

"Yes."

"If I may ask, why?"

Arius stopped.

"I'm not thinking of what happened with Vivia Lennox. I just want to know what they'd be discussing. For her to request an Audience, she could be telling him about those assassins from way back. Dad wouldn't tell me these things so I need to find out for myself." Arius reasoned, before marching forward.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───