XLVII. Doubt

4 WINS, O LOSSES FOR IJEKIEL and 4 losses and 0 wins for Arius.

"You're...really good at this game..." Arius complimented him as he moved another one of his pieces.

"Your Highness isn't bad himse–" Before Ijekiel could complete his sentence Arius gave him the look of 'Don't. Just, Don't '

Arius sank his head down.

This kid...is really extraordinary. As he said, I'm not usually bad at chess but his strategies in this game are just too good.

He's not even reincarnated, just where is this talent coming from???

"Now now Your Highness, don't take a mere game too seriously...should I let you win this time?"

"There's no point if you allow me to win." Arius pouted and picked up a cookie from the plate beside them.

"Uh then...how about we practice daily? " Ijekiel asked while fiddling with his fingers.

'He can be shy? Cute.'

Arius grinned at him while agreeing to his idea.

"This much is enough for today then!" Arius exclaimed as he stood up from his seat.

It had been an hour or more since they had been playing. Arius's mind drifted towards other possible activities they could do when Ijekiel suggested an idea.

"Then, how about taking a walk in the garden? You must be tired from sitting in a chair all this time."

Ijekiel smiled at him

'How thoughtful.'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

THE TWO TALKED A WHOLE LOT as they walked through the garden. Ijekiel slowly eased up around Arius and the two began talking simply as friends, placing their status aside.

That included more casual addresses.

"Kiel, is there a reason you're going all the way to Arlanta for studies?"

"Uh, Father said that it would be nice to make some friends with nobility from other kingdoms...so..."

Arius suddenly placed his hands on both shoulders of Ijekiel and asked him dead seriously, "And are you going just because of what he said?"

Ijekiel looked a bit nervous and he avoided eye contact with Arius , leading Arius to the conclusion that he was.

"Kiel..." Arius loosened his grip on Ijekiels shoulders and continued, "Do you like studying?"