XXIV. Attempt

THE NEXT DAY, IN THE PALACE. It was around evening, and Arius was dying to eat Linda's cookies once again. He already had plans to leave with Felix in a few minutes.

The first place they'd go was definitely the bakery.

"Your Highness, the preparations are complete."

Arius requested that he ride a horse instead of a carriage but due to his short height , he had to share the horse with Felix.

Nevertheless he was excited. He told Felix that this would be an undercover trip and that no one should know he's the prince. Felix agreed to it.

"Waah! The horse is so big and pretty." Arius was amazed by the horses that stood in a perfect formation.

This was his first time seeing horses. In his first life the only thing he saw used as a mode of transportation was cars and other mechanical vehicles.

Chuckle!

"Do you like horses, Your Highness?" The redhead asked as he picked Arius up to place him on the horse.

They were riding a brown horse, royalty would usually ride a different colored horse than the soldiers as a sign of superiority, but since they were undercover, brown horses worked just fine.

"I like all animals."

"I'm sure all animals love you back" Felix said and Arius just had a 'What.' look at his face.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

THEY REACHED THE CITY center and Felix ordered for his men to scatter around to search for any suspicious activity.

"Now then, Your Highness, where would you like to go?"

"There's this bakery, but it's in a very dark and isolated alley."

"Your Highness, have you gone there before?"

"..No but some friends I made in the city told me it has amazing cookies."

'If Felix found out I was wandering around dangerous places I might never be allowed to come alone.'

Arius had used a magic artifact that could change his eye color to a deep blue and his height a bit taller.

They got off the horse around the city center and began travelling by foot towards the bakery, with Arius leading the way. They crossed the alleys and Felix started to grow more wary of their surroundings as they became more isolated every turn.