XXXIV. Change

THE THREE ROYALS shared a warm embrace with each other before being interrupted by a knock.

"Your Majesty, May I come in?" Felix spoke from outside.

Claude's face immediately had a frown on his face but he allowed his entry.

"Good Morning Felix!" Athanasia greeted him.

Arius did the same, but both of them were quite surprised by Felix's appearance. Dark circles underneath his eyes.

His eyes were closing from exhaustion.

And when he spoke he mixed up the words.

"What is it so early in the morning?"

"Sire, the assassins were sent by the... Feradinies."

Athanasia and Arius looked at Felix with sympathy.

'Poor Felix probably stayed up the whole night interrogating the assassins. I feel bad now.'

"I see. It seems those fools really are asking for it. Felix goes to the ruins of Feradona and seeks these pests out and brings me their heads. Take as many knights as you may need."

"As you wish...your Majesty. When do I leave?"

"Right now–"

Arius clutched on Claude's robes and Athanasia did the same. They looked at him with puppy eyes.

"Tonight. Until then Prepare and rest for the journey." Claude changed his answer.

Felix's eyes suddenly brightened and he looked at the royal siblings with utmost gratitude and even though he didn't say it they could tell by his eyes that he was praising them and thanking them in his mind.

"Leave, and ask the maids to prepare breakfast on your way out."

They just smiled at him and waved him goodbye as he ran out of the office straight to bed probably.

Arius suddenly remembered Cadell and Gunther, and tried getting off of bed but Claude stopped him with his arm.

"Where are you going? "

"To see Cadell and Gunther, they protected me last night."

"Your Knights? They're not injured. They seem to be quite skilled."

Arius smiled as he felt proud when Claude praised his knights.

"And about them..."

"Yes?" Arius asked with curiosity.

"I will discuss it during breakfast. Now you both may go and fresh up."

"Okay!" both replied in unison.