XXXI. Worries

CADELL AND GUNTHER had now moved to the knights quarters near the Ruby Palace. They had been training under Felix and were busy throughout the day.

Arius and Athanasia would frequently visit Claude for tea and breakfast. And this day was no exception.

They were sitting in the Amethyst Garden. Athanasia eating her cakes, Claude drinking lippe tea. And Arius eating cookies.

Amethyst Garden.

It had been a while since Arius was able to admire the garden's beauty.

He would come here often to sort out his thoughts, but always be too deep in his thoughts to just look at the flowers.

Purple Roses.

They looked heavenly. And smelled heavenly as well. Arius couldn't help but be happy as he stared at them while munching on a cookie.

The tea time ended quickly or did time fly ? Arius didn't know. Athanasia and Claude were the ones conversing throughout. Arius was just...there.

"Thank You for your time, Daddy!" Athanasia said while smiling brightly.

"Thank You for your time, Your Majesty." Arius also spoke with a smile.

Claude nodded with a blank expression before walking away.

'He looked a bit thinner. Dark circles underneath his eyes.' Arius noticed and glanced at Athanasia who seemed to have noticed as well.

They walked back inside Ruby Palace while talking about it.

"Has dad been sleeping well?" Athanasia asked.

"Doesn't look like it."

"..." Athanasia looked a bit sad.

"Are you worried about him?"

"I ...don't know. What about you?"

"...Same."

Worrying about him.

It felt foreign.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

NIGHT TIME WAS HERE and Arius just left Athanasia's room after checking on her mana levels. He went out to look at the moon and take a midnight stroll. If Olivia found out she'd be mad.

She had tucked him in bed an hour ago, but Arius had so many thoughts that he couldn't sleep. His list of worries were endless, but the top one on his list was : Claude.