XVIII. Cookies

AT THE BASE.

Arius met up with the others and they went to investigate that bakery they saw the last time. They were in a diamond formation, with Gunther at the front , Arius and Jasper in the middle and Cadell at the back.

A woman stood outside the bakery.

She had a broom in her hand and was collecting dust outside the bakery with it. She glanced at the children and beamed a smile at them.

"Welcome!! The bakery's open! we have everything a child would want! Candies , Cakes , Fresh Baked Breads And Many more fun treats!"

Cadell jumped up and down like a child and looked at Gunther for permission. Arius was about to say something but Gunther spoke first.

"Well , too bad we don't have any money with us today...."

"WH- Ouch." (Cadell)

Jasper elbowed Cadell in the stomach . The woman smiled at them. She put her broom aside the wall of the bakery and came a little closer to the boys. She crouched down to reach their heights.

"Such adorable little boys you all are. My bakery hardly ever gets any customers anyways. I have loads of extra candies and cakes left from yesterday and I made a bit too much today too. Sharing some won't harm us. Just seeing children smile gives me the best joy in the world." She said cheerily.

'I have a bad feeling about this...'

Gunther, Jasper and Arius signaled each other through their eyes

'She's suspicious .'

"That's very kind of you, we'd love to but we need to go back home now." Arius smiled.

"Huh, Cad!?" Jasper yelled out as he turned back to see Cadell not standing behind the trio any longer. Gunther's face went pale and Jasper began to panic while looking around to spot the Azurette.

Arius grabbed Jasper's shoulder and gave him a look saying 'It's alright, calm down' The woman stared at them and said.

"If you're looking for the blue kitten with you..."

The trio made a confused expression before finally getting what she meant. The woman pointed at the bakery and smiled

"..He seemed pretty happy about the free treats."

"That IDIOT! " Jasper shouted and marched into the bakery. Arius and Gunther followed behind. Within the suspicious building baked cookies of every kind layer the bakery counter. From white chocolate and macadamia nuts right through to sprouted grains and wheat germ, there really is something for everyone.

And among all the sweet aroma stood the Azurette frantically going from one side of the shop to the other.

The trio sighed in relief.