42: Once Upon a Time - 43: In Those Days - 44: Screw Up

Tokyo Revengers: Once Upon a Time

The screen opened with Hanma shouting to the Valhalla members, Takemichi watching the whole time, not knowing what to do.

"ONE OF TOMAN'S FOUNDING MEMBERS. THE FIRST DIVISION CAPTAIN. KEISUKE BAJI." Baji was shown with a blank face as Hanma introduced him to the gang. "HE CLAIMS HE WANTS TO ABANDON TOMAN AND ENTER THE RANKS OF VALHALLA" Hanma had a smile on his face as Baji moved to stand in front of him.

"One of Toman's top brass wants in Valhalla?" A guy in the crowd asked, the Valhalla members confused with this.

"Ain't that a bad idea?" Another guys asked.

"No, this is fucking huge!"

Suddenly the smile from Hanma's face dropped, speaking his next words. "Indeed! This is a very serious matter!" Smiling again, he raised his voice, "ENLISTING BAJI WILL AID US GREATLY IN CRUSHING TOMAN. BUT THERE'S JUST ONE PROBLEM REMAINING." The Valhalla members looked around at each other, wondering what was going to be said. "He might be one of Toman's spies!!" Baji didn't say anything as Hanma continued.

"So, I had Kazutora...prepare a witness for us!" Takemichi was shocked at Hanma's words. "I will now call that witness forward!!"

'Spy? Witness?' Takemichi couldn't understand. 'What's that mean?'

"Takemichi Hanagaki!" Hanma called, looking right at Takemichi.

"Y-...Yes!" Takemichi struggled to get the word out, scared of Hanma and scared of what could happen next.

"At Toman's gathering, what did Baji say...in front of everyone there?" Hanma had a serious air around him.

"...Um...'I'm going to Valhalla.' 'Toman is my enemy.'" Everyone listened as Takemichi talked, exposing what Baji had said. "That's what he said."

Hanma stared at Takemichi, seeming like he was searching for something. After a few seconds of staring, Hanma seemed to find what he was searching for, finally he turned towards Kazutora. "What do you think, Kazutora?"

Takemichi turned his head to Kazutora as he answered. "...The test of faith...and the witness summoning." Kazutora tilted his head some "Don't you think that's good enough?" Baji still remained blank face and quiet as Kazutora continued "He'll be useful for fighting other gangs. And he knows what went down in Toman while I was away at reform school." Hearing that, Takemichi was shocked.

'While he was away...?' Takemichi wanted to know what he meant by that.

"Seeing Hanma going from smiling to serious is kinda scary, not gonna lie." Emma said, leaning back against Yuzuha.

"Yeah, now that you say that..." Yuzuha agreed. Hanma didn't know how to respond so he just didn't say anything at all.

"Okay, anyway, what were you searching for when you were staring at Takemitchy?" Chifuyu asked, looking back at Hanma.

"To see if he was lying. I thought that was pretty obvious." Hanma said, not looking at Chifuyu at all.

"That makes sense. It just kinda looks like you were searching for something else, that's all." Chifuyu said, turning away from the tall boy. Hanma snorted but didn't say anything else.