Captiolo (24) Ventiquattro ~ Awake

"Can we make cookies?" Morgan asked as we were watching a movie. Tony was down in the garage, probably working on his suit or something.

"Sure monkey. Do you want to do that now or after the movie?" I looked at the young girl.

"Can we watch the movie while making cookies?" She looked at me with these big puppy dog eyes.

"Sure." I chuckled. "Hey Jarvis, can you move the movie to the kitchen t.v please?" I got up, taking Morgan's hand and leading us into the kitchen.

"Of course ma'am." The A.I. said. The movie was playing right where we left it when we entered the other room.

"Come on, you can just sit here and continue watching the movie while I get things started." I lifted Morgan onto the countertop, making sure she could see the screen.

"Okay!"

It didn't take long for me to prepare. Morgan helped with pouring the measurements that I had ready into the bowls and helped with some of the easier stirrings of ingredients. The movie had just finished when we heard a loud bang come from downstairs, followed by silence.

"Jarvis?" I asked the A.I. "What was that?"

"Mr. Stark just got a call from Director Fury. He gave him some news, making Mr. Stark drop the leg for the newest Iron Man suit. That is what caused the loud bang you just heard."

"Thanks, Jarvis. Do you know what the news is?"

"Well, I think Mr. Stark should be the one to tell you. I do not believe it to be my place."

"Is something wrong with my dad?" Morgan asked, licking some of the extra cookie dough off the spoon.

"Um, I'm sure he's fine, Monkey." I smiled, grabbing the first tray and putting it into the oven. "Now, do you want to start up another movie while we wait?"

Morgan looked like she was about to answer when the sound of rushed footsteps could be heard. I shut the oven door and turned around to see Tony running into the kitchen, looking like he'd seen a ghost.

"Tony? What's wrong, are you okay?"

"Um, yeah, uh. Hey Maguna? Can you give me and Avery a moment?"

"Is everything okay?" Morgan asked as I helped her off the counter.

"Yeah, yeah honey I think so." He weekly smiled. Morgan smiled back and wandered back into the living room, the sound of the t.v turning on.

"So what's going on?" I crossed my arms, walking over to Tony as he sat on one of the stools in front of the island counter.

"Um, Nick Fury gave me a call. You remember the Matrix pirate?" I nodded my head. "Yeah, well, he told me something interesting. Remember how my Aunt Olivia went down in the plane crash with Steve Rogers?"

"Captain America, yeah I remember."

"Right well, they found them. Both of them."

"What?" I moved over to the seat beside him. "When did this happen?"

"A couple of months ago, I guess. They wanted to defrost them, trying to see if they could...wake them up, I guess."

"And did it work?"

"Yeah." He breathed out, so softly I could barely hear it. "Yeah, it worked. Olivia is alive. She just woke up."

~~~

Tony's POV ~

After saying goodbye to Morgan and Avery, I rushed over to SHIELD's headquarters. It thankfully wasn't a long trip, so I was able to get there pretty fast. When I got to the stupidly large building, I parked the car out front and rushed out, getting strange looks from people passing by.

"M-Mr. Stark!" I heard some kid yell as I walked past him. "Wait-wait a second Director Fury wants to talk to you before-"

"Well, the pirate can wait. I need to see my aunt." I continued to walk, somewhat unsure of where I was going. "Jarvis, do me a favor and find Olivia Stark for me," I mumbled, tapping the side of my Stark Tech sunglasses.