Captiolo (37) Trentasette ~ Party Time

I stood with Maria Hill and Helen Cho as the Avengers jet landed on the platform, the wings folding in to help make it smaller. The hanger door slowly opened, Doctor Cho ordering her workers to grab the injured Barton, talking to them in Korean as Natasha followed close beside them.

I smiled at her in reassurance as we passed each other, her giving a hopeful nod in response.

"Labs all set up, boss," Maria said

"Oh, actually he's the boss." Tony pointed at Steve. "I just pay for everything, Olivia and I design and make everything."

"And make everyone look cooler," The woman smirked from beside him.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asked, ignoring the two.

"NATO's got him."

"The two Enhanced?"

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins."

"Hey, Avery." Olivia nodded at me as she followed Steve and Maria off the jet.

"Hey, Oliv. Make sure you get that taken care of." I gestured to her bandaged arm, the smallest bit of blood seeping threw the ragged material.

"I'll be fine. It went right threw." She shrugged me off.

"Olivia Stark." I glared at her, watching her gulp.

"Yes ma'am." She quickly nodded, hurting her pace to catch back up with Rogers and Hill.

"You do that so well. It's kind of scary." Tony said as he came up to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Thank you." I smiled. "I learned it from being around you for more than 15 years."

"Oh, haha, very funny." He rolled his eyes, leaning in to kiss my forehead.

"Who said I was joking?" I smirked, leading the two of us into the tower.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that." Tony shook off. "How's Morgan? She having fun with Pepper?"

"And Happy. He's been keeping an eye on her whenever she needs to go into work with Pep." I nodded.

"That's good. She's been making friends her own age though, right? At school? She is still going out for that, right? Pepper hasn't put her in any homeschooled bullshit?"

"She says she's made a friend. Cassie Lang. She was born in San Francisco, but her parents got divorced and her mom moved since her dad was in jail. Nothing horrible, just some Robin Hood type. Got out last week on good behavior. Cassie's mom is now married to a cop, so you don't really have to worry about them in terms of being safe." I told him, knowing he would have asked another hundred questions.

"All right, all right good. Jarvis, take us to Banners Lab." Tony instructed the AI when we got into the elevator. "And how have you been? Your leg treating you well?"

"It's just fine, Tones. And so am I." I smiled, leaning up to give him a quick kiss.

"Could be better though. Think of something you want. Something you want to do. Just name it and we'll do it. Maybe think of something to improve the leg while you're at it."

"Tony-"

"Nope, you think on it. I'll see you later, Peg. You go get to work on the party!" Tony quickly left the now-open elevator, walking to the other Avengers.

I rolled my eyes, a small smile playing on my lips.

What am I going to do with him?

~~

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right?" Rhodey rhetorically asked, reaching over to grab something from the bar. He had been telling Maria, Thor, Tony, and me one of his War Machine stories.