Captiolo (27) Ventisette ~ The Call

Pepper, Morgan, and I were on the company's private jet, flying back from D.C with some of Pepper's assistants and secretary. We were watching the jet's t.v that was playing live footage of New York under attack when I got a call on my phone, showing Tony calling.

"Morgan, sweetheart, stay with your mom." I passed her to Pepper, Morgan having been in my lap. The little girl nodded, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"Tony? Oh my god, are you okay? What's happening down there?" I asked, moving to the back of the jet and away from the others.

"Hey, hun. I'm doing...okay. Just thought I would call..."

Tony's voice got drowned out by the t.v, as I watched as the Iron Man suit flew with what seemed to be a nuke on his back towards the big scary portal in the sky.

"Anthony Stark you better not be in that suit or I swear to god," I whisper threatened.

"I'm sorry." I let out a shaky breath at this, falling into one of the chairs beside me.

"Do you want me to put Morgan on the phone? She's over with Pepper right now. Watching her dad and great-aunt be heroes."

"Um, as much as I would love to, I don't think there's time for that. Just kinda wanted to hear your voice before-"

"Tony." I cut him off. "I love you." I watched the t.v, seeing him get closer and closer to the portal.

"I lo-" Tony started to say before the line went dead.

He went into the portal.

Tony's POV~

"What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me no one kissed me." I gasped, waking up. I looked around to see Point Break, Capsical, Aunt Em, and Jolly Green with relief on all their faces.

"We won." Cap panted, looking at all of the destruction around us.

I sighed, thankful it was all over. "All right, yay! Hurray. Good job guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Oh, Jarvis, activate L.I.V.E. protocol for me, would you." I groaned, remembering the protocol she made me set up.

"Of course sir," Jarvis said as my suit started back up.

"What's the L.I.V.E. protocol?" Olivia asked.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. Hey, have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I want to try it." I panted out as Cap smirked.

"We're not finished yet." Point Break commented, all of us looking up at him.

"And then shawarma after."

~~

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now." Reindeer Games groaned, sitting up.

I smirked at him, but it quickly faded when Jarvis announced it was time.

She was about to call.

My other aunt.

"Shit," I whispered under my breath. I walked over to the corner of the room in hopes of getting some sort of privacy while the others finished up with Antlers over there.

I put my helmet back on and waited for the inevitable.

Less than a second later, her icon came up, signaling that she was calling me.

"Here goes nothing. Jarvis, answer the call."

"Heeey Aunt Liv. How's it going? How's London?" I questioned, trying to avoid the lecture I was about to receive.

"ANTHONY EDWARD STARK WHO THE HEL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FLYING INTO THAT PORTAL?! SUPPER MAN?? BLOODY THOR?? WHAT THE HEL WERE YOU THINKING??" My aunt yelled -well, more like screamed- at me.