Captiolo (38) Trentaotto ~ Ultron

"You're all not worthy."

All of us groaned at Thor's statement, quickly cringing as an ear-piercing sound came throughout the room.

"Worthy..." All of us turned to the room's main entrance, seeing one of Tony's half-built Iron Legion bots standing before us. "No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Tony." Oliva sounded.

"Jarvis." Tony quickly took out one of his holographic devices, trying to contact his AI.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was a dream."

"Reboot Legianaire OS. We got a buggy suit." Tony mumbled, pushing me to stand behind him.

"There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in... In... Strings." We watched as the robot looked down at itself. "Had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve asked.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asked.

"I see a suit of armor around the world." A recording of Tony's voice came threw the bot.

"Ultron." Olivia gasped, looking between Tony and Bruce.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission."

"What mission?"

"Peace in our time."

Explosions went off behind Ultron then, making all of us duck for cover.

Tony, Rhodey, and I all ran to the ledge behind us, sliding down the small glass ramp.

"Tony!" I yelled as he was thrown into a bookshelf, Rhodey being thrown down threw a glass wall and to the floor below.

"Rhodey!" I heard Maria yell. I might have to talk to her about that later.

I quickly ran to where Rhodey had fallen, already knowing Tony would be fine. I carefully slipped myself threw the glass, rolling onto the ground near Rhodey's unconscious body.

"Rhodes. Rhodey, come on." I shook the man, getting no response. "James!" I finally yelled, slapping his face a few times for good measure.

"I'm good, I'm good." He grumbled, his face contorting in pain as he rolled onto his side.

"No, hey, fight is staying up there. We're going to let the professionals deal with the scary robots, okay?"

"Yeah, I don't have a problem with that." My friend groaned, moving back to lie down again as he cradled his arm.

I looked up threw the glass above us, watching as Tony jumped from the second floor and onto the back of a flying bot.

"God, I fell in love with an idiot," I mumbled.

"I could have told you that." I playfully slapped Rhodey's shoulder.

"That was dramatic." Ultron broke the brief silence that signaled the end of the fight. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve? With these? These puppets. There's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction."

The sound of a bot could be heard, and I assumed one of the Avengers destroyed the last Ultron bot.

"I have strings, but now I'm free."

"Alright, that's creepy as hell," Rhodey said, sitting up.

"Yep, but we gotta get back up there. We gotta find out what exactly Tony did this time."