Captiolo (29) Ventinove ~ Aldrich Killian

It's been a few months since we were at the tower. Things with Loki had been pretty tame, so everyone thought it was safe for him to be alone there with just Alex and Thor as supervisors. Tony and I had just returned to Malibu, and I had been spending a lot of time with Pepper at Stark Industries and watching over Morgan.

"Avery?! Tony?!" Pepper's voice rang out through the house.

"In the living room, Pep!" I yelled back. I was doing some emails for both Tony and the Avengers while also doing some online Christmas shopping since the holiday and coming up and Tony was down in his workshop.

"Avee!!" Morgan sang, jumping on the couch beside me and putting her arms around my neck.

"Hey, monkey. Were you good for your mom?" I chuckled, my left arm going up to return her hug as my other hand finished my email, sending it out and closing my laptop.

"I think so." She shrugged.

"She was just fine. Aunt Olivia needs to stop teaching her, though. Caught her trying to take apart the toaster again." Pepper said, typing away at her phone.

"I wanted to see if I remembered how to do it." Morgan sheepishly defended herself.

"Let's just hope her brain is the only thing she got from the Stark side of the family." I joked.

"Where is Tony, anyway?"

"Down in his workshop, like always. I can barely get him out of it anymore." I gave a pained smile.

"Well, hopefully, he gets out of his cave so he can see his daughter. I've got to go, but I'll call you later, honey. I'll see you next week." Pepper walked over and kissed her child's forehead.

"By mom."

"By Morgan. By Avery! Good luck with Tony!" She yelled as she started walking back to the door.

"Thanks, I'll need it!" I yelled back. "Now, how about we go see what your father is up to?"

"Alright." Morgan shrugged, getting off the couch and following me downstairs.

"Cool it, will you Jarvis?" I heard Tony groan, the sound of his repulsors blasting in the background.

We got to the bottom of the steps in time to see parts of Tony's newest suit fly to him, attaching to create a full suit. The facepiece flew past Tony then, knocking into the stereo system and making the music scratch to a halt.

"Um, let's stay back here for now," I told Morgan, taking a step back.

We watched as the facepiece rose up, looking like it was staring Tony down.

"Come on. I ain't scared of you." He said.

"He might not be, but I am," Morgan whispered, slowly moving behind me.

The facepiece was moving towards my idiotic partner now, hitting a table and making it turn upside down. Tony jumped into the air, spinning so the face plate connected to the rest of his helmet, and landed in the cool superhero pose I've seen him and Natasha do.

"I'm the best." He said, right as one last part flew to him, knocking him down and all of the pieces of his suit to scatter about on the floor.

"As always, sir, a great pleasure watching you work," Jarvis said as Morgan and I walked over.

"Yeah, it's always fun seeing you get knocked on your butt by your own suit." Morgan giggled.

"Good to see you too, Morgana." He groaned, rolling his shoulder. "Is it our week with her already?"

"Yep. That means you have to actually do something besides working on suits." I held my hand out, helping the man to his feet.