Captiolo (50) Cinquanta ~ Yes

"He what- almost drowned?! What the hell, Tony, what has he been up to?" I yelled into my phone. Tony had called me, supposedly with the plan of ranting about how reckless Peter is and how he's trying to fight some small-time villain, but it quickly turned into me interrogating him and asking him about every detail.

"Calm down, Peg, the kid's fine. Scooped him up, got him out, warmed him up. He's good as new." He sighed over the phone, and I could practically hear the eye roll.

"Don't you dare roll your eyes at me, Anthony," I frowned. "I'm allowed to ask about Peter's well-being, especially when he's being an idiot."

"Yes, ma'am." He grumbled.

"Continue to keep an eye on Peter. And make sure you check out this new bad guy. It doesn't sound Avengers-level like you said, but someone out there should be able to help, even if it's just the FBI."

"Already on it. They've already got a lead. Told me they were going to follow up on it soon."

"Good, that's good." I nodded, watching Harley walk out of the restroom at the Tennessee airport. "I've gotta go. Keep me updated on this, please."

"Will do. Love ya."

"Love you too." I smiled, hanging up the phone.

"Was that Tony?" Harley asked as soon as he was close, grabbing his luggage and following me through the airport.

"Yeah. There's been some... problems, with Peter. Tony's keeping an eye on him." I shook my head in exasperation.

"Is Peter okay?" Harley looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah, yeah he's okay, kid." I nodded, throwing my arm over his shoulder. "He's just getting himself into trouble. He'll be okay, though."

I honestly wasn't sure who I was trying to convince there.

~~

"Why the fuck are you and Peter on the t.v right now?" I sheathed threw the phone, once again on a call with Tony. I had dropped Harley at his mother's place and decided to give them time to themselves, going to the hotel I was staying at.

"Kid cause a farry to cut in half. Tried going after that guy he was talking about earlier." Tony grumbled, obviously pissed.

"Where is he now?" I asked, pacing the small room.

"I see him on top of a building. I was going to him now."

"Let me talk to him," I demanded, sitting on the bed for a moment before going back to my pacing.

"Yeah, uh huh. You can give the kid a piece of your mind before I give him mine." He agreed, probably sensing my rising anger and frustration.

It took a moment before I heard Tony and Peter share a few words, Tony's voice being directed at me right after.

"Okay, he can hear you now, Peg."

"Peter. What. The hell. Were you thinking?" I yelled, and I could hear Tony hiss from the loud volume.

"Ms.- Ms. Avery I just-"

"You could've gotten someone killed! You could've been killed! I would have had to ask one of the Asgardians to bring you back from the dead so I could kill you myself for being so reckless! I mean, cosa stavi pensando? Inseguire un pazzo che può tagliare a metà una barca?" (-what were you thinking? Going after a crazy man that can cut a boat in half?)

"Oh no, she slipped into Italian." I heard Tony groan."

"So che sei forte, ma è troppo per te, Peter!" (I know you're strong, but that's way too much for you, Peter!) I ignored Tony, continuing my rant.