19

Louis:

"Stop!" I giggle and Brent just continues laughing making me giggle more, we both cozied up real soon maybe because of our fucked up parental stories, "Really! That woman was scared shitless because of me. And then my dad decided to put me in army saying I was too careless for an alpha." I huff at that,

"Well you aren't the one with a third wife so I'm pretty sure it's him who was a bit careless." I shrug and he looks at me before nodding, "Yeah. But I really think he loves your mom, I mean he never learned cooking for someone."

"And she loves him too, seeing she hasn't stop talking my ears off about him. And believe me my mother never talks about her husband, last time she did it was Mark, they were good together but then it just vanished....their love for each other." Brent hums looking off in distance, we both were on the rooftop after the family dinner my mum was so eager about.

"You know that's what I'm scared of. Loving someone so much and then waking up the next morning to find that our love has vanished off. I want the eternity type. It's dumb but it's the truth." He sighs and I purse my lips,

"When you love someone truly from your heart it never vanishes away, somewhere deep inside you you still love them the way you did the first time. Ever heard of bondmates?" I asks resting the side of my cheeks on the top of my knees facing Brent whose hair is now ruffling because of the wind, I had Harry's sweater on me which is why the chilly air didn't bother me.

"No."

"Well bondmates are for life. Our parents are one, you could see between them, bondmates are like soulmates but stronger and powerful. It's the type of connection that will really leave you hopeless and powerless once your other half is away." I ranted to him, he smiles, "Such a smart omega." He whispers and my cheeks heats up.

"You know I do think Laurie is my bond mate." I frown at his words, "Laurie?"

"Oh the best friend with whom I cheated on. Kade, my ex boyfriend we never really had that much of chemistry, now that I think about it I always wanted to be near Laurie, he's like the most sweetest thing on this planet. The way he stares at me makes me want to drop down on my knees—calm down not in that way okay maybe a bit but no like in a way where I'm surrendering myself. Think I'm gonna propose to him after going back home." He admits and I smile,

I was jealous of Laurie, not because he got Brent, obviously not. But because of the way he got an alpha who's so expressive and who doesn't want bullshits between them.

"Good going, pal. Good going." Brent chuckles and throws an arm around my shoulder, "Why is it complicated, Lou?" I bit my lips, glancing down at my phone, There was no new notifications from Harry at all, we haven't contacted since that one sole text message from him which said,

H-How was your flight?

I replied with a Good and that was it. Nothing more nothing less.

"We want two completely different things." I admit softly, "Let me guess you want a commitment and that asshole isn't ready for it." I giggle and shook my head, "Not exactly. And the asshole you're talking about is the lycan King."

Brent's face scrunches up in distaste, "Didn't know your type was Old wrinkly dudes." I roll my eyes and elbowed his stomach making him wheeze out in pain, "The current king, Harry Edward." At that he gasps, "No way! How did you even manage to get wrapped up with Harry.....wait can I call him that? Or should I stick to his highness?"

"Brent shut up. How did I manage to get wrapped up with Harry is a nice question. We met coincidentally—"

"So you are bondmates?" I chuckle and shook my head, "I wish. Don't interrupt me. As I was saying we met coincidentally and then just kept meeting and meeting until I was falling in love with him. Damn you're the first person who I've admitted it out loud, congrats Brent."