23

Louis:

I frown around the cinnamon bun in my mouth watching the crowd gathered outside the office, Lauren was chatting up with Victor alongside an omega intern, Janice. When the omega noticed me they waved their hands in a greeting, I smiled and waved back joining the trio.

"Wha's happening?" I ask going on my tips to stare ahead, "The lightings are getting changed along with the xerox and the shock giving printer. Our new boss isn't half bad as I thought he would be." Lauren comments earning a grunt from Victor, "Hey what's your problem?"

"He's totally getting annoying right now! Can't you see it he's siding the entire office—"

"Look we can go inside now." Janice claps their hands, I gobble up the cinnamon bun before making my way inside, sure enough three printers and a two xerox machines were there along with extra pairs of lights.

Harry was nowhere to be seen and I think I like it that way because Being near him made my needy omega extra needier. That was dangerous. I needed Harry to be sorry not grope me whenever he felt like it.

"So how'd you like the extra touches I did to the office?" Comes Harry's voice, I take a deep breather and turn around, "My opinion shouldn't matter seeing I'm just an intern now if you excuse me I've got work to do." I mumble pushing my way past the alpha only for Harry to hold my wrist, stopping me.

"You're everything, Louis. Your opinion matters on everything, baby."

"You can't just hold me whenever you feel like it because to be honest I feel harassed when you're near because you don't give a fuck about what I feel instead you just do whatever you feel like." I snap and his eyes widen, "Harassed? I'm-I fuck I'm sorry. Louis, I really didn't mean to. I'm just I keep trying but it feels like I fuck up always. I'm sorry I disrespected you. I really am."

"Well if you're sorry act like it, Harry." I grit out angry at him for being the victim when I was the one crying out for him for months only to have him back claiming me as his. What a load of bullshit is that?

"Yeah. I-I know. I'll promise I'll act like it and won't harass you." The word harass comes out as a sort of whimper and my heart immediately clenches, I shouldn't have said that. But before I could apologise or take back my words Harry's tentatively smiling at me and turning around.

I watch his broad back leaving my sight and then shook my head because this is for the best. Harry and I were never meant to be in the first place.

*****

Laying on my nest back I switched on the television putting on some random movie, my phone buzzed and I whine not in the mood to talk but still it kept ringing, pouting I picked it up placing the device on my ear.

"Hello."

"Hey." My eyes widens and I pull my phone off me before looking at the caller ID, Harry's name flashing along with numbers that indicating that the man probably said something which I missed,

"I'm sorry, what is it?"

"Uh I was just asking if you'd like to have dinner with me." My frown just deepens, I eyed the time it was six,

"Dinner? With you? As in..." I trail because no I'm not going on a date with Harry, not now because I'm still mad at him.

"It's not-It's not a date. I won't let our first date be like this, Miss Tomlinson, give me some credits. I wanted to talk. About us, I mean." My heart thuds in the confines of my chest, "I don't want to eat at some fancy restaurant." I whisper,

"It's okay if you don't want to come I'll und—wait, did you just said that you don't want to eat at some fancy restaurant?"

"Pretty sure I did said that." I say biting down my smile, "Oh-Shit, okay. Alright. Yeah sure omega. I won't let you down." I roll my eyes at his habit of calling me by my gender, "Alright I'll meet you at—"