25

Louis:

"So how's it going with that alpha of yours?" Louis' mum questions freezing the omega who was about to have the bite of his chicken, "Alpha of mine?" He questions and the older woman on the opposite end just smiles.

"You know who I'm talking about, boo." Louis sighs and stuffs his mouth full, he was in Lakewood to have a nice weekend dinner with his mum because staying In New York was getting stressful for his brain and main reason for this stress of his was the alpha whose name is being hung around this table.

"I'm conflicted, mum! I don't know how to trust him."

"Well is he making any effort?" Louis nods. "He is. He's been apologising and being overly nice which I like it but still." He shrugs indifferently,

"Still what?"

"What if he hurts me again? Or he's just doing this for you know to coax me into a relationship and then just walks away? I'm scared mum." He admits and his mum smiles at him grabbing hold of his hand and squeezing it, "He loves you." Her words shock him and he looks up with a frown.

"But you said—"

"To hell with what I said. Last month he came over—"

"What?"

"Yeah, he came over with a hell load of gifts and flowers, asking for forgiveness. He seemed so desperate for your forgiveness and attention. I've failed in many things in life, Louis, but I can see love where there is one. You've found your mate, baby." She says with so much glee that it tears Louis up.

He finds himself smiling along, maybe it was time to have his alpha back. He can't wait to be home.

******

The coming Monday Louis is all smiles and cheerful glances, he dresses himself in a nice white body tight suit that has a Lacy black blouse in it, he feels the best he's ever felt and he completes his look with rings and a bracelet. He exits his home and on his way to the office grabs a croissant and coffee.

He smiles at everyone he passes even Jeanne, the bitch just scowls at him giving him a once over and Louis knows that if the person who hates you the most gives you a look over like that, you look fine as hell.

He winks at her and then crashes into Lauren, the alpha whistling as she appreciatively stares at him, "Damn Chicatita. You sure you're not here to impress alphas?" Louis blushes and swats her arm, "I'm not."

"Or should I say a certain green eyed alpha?" Her words make him gasp, "Obviously not. Why would I even impress Harry? He's our boss." Lauren smirks and fixes the collar of his white suit jacket, "I never said a name. In this firm we've got two more alphas with green eyes. Why only Harry?"

"Shut up, Lau—"

"I don't remember setting us up for a date. Why are you so dressed up today!" Victor's voice then comes and Louis face palms himself, "We are not going on a date, Victor. Can't an omega dress himself up on this beautiful Monday morning?" Both the alphas look at each other before snorting, "Yea right. Says the said omega who loathes Mondays more than he loathes avocados."

"Well today I felt like this Monday could be nice. But not enough seeing you two brutes are simply hell bent on killing the vibes." Victor laughs and slings his hand over Louis' shoulder pulling him close, "That's not what we mean, Lou. You look gorgeous." Louis hums and slides out from under his arm.

"Enough of the chitchat we've got work to do." Victor groans loudly. "You sound like Harry!"

"Hmm that must be a compliment then. Yeah?" Louis glares at Lauren, "What's that suppose to mean?"