Chapter 26: PRELIMINARIES (2)

Chapter 26: Preliminaries (2)

"Pikachu! I choose you!"

"Let's do this, Beedrill!"

The electric mouse let out a determined 'Pika!' and faced his first opponent.

A yellow bee with metallic lances for arms.

{ BATTLE START }

"We're going first! [Thunderbolt]!" Ash called out first.

"As if we're gonna let you! [Pin Missile]!"

The bolt of lightning travelled towards the bee, only to home into the needles.

Thus, negating the electrifying attack aimed towards at Beedrill.

And a blinding light blasted from the impact.

Shielding his eyes, Ash theorized in his head.

'Damn! [Pin Missiles] acted as a lightning rod against [Thunderbolt]?!'

When the light vanished, Ash looked at the battlefield.

Only to find Beedrill had multiplied into 12 copies.

"What the... [Double Team]?! There's so many!" the boy cried out in astonishment.

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed with his Trainer.

Akira was now using his whip, cracking the whip at his ground.

Crack!

"Charge, Beedrill!" the blonde teen commanded.

The whip acted not as a weapon towards his Pokémon but as a source of motivation for the yellow bee.

And the copies charged towards the electric mouse.

"Woah! That's one strong [Thunderbolt]," Sycamore commented, surprised at Pikachu's power.

"You can use [Pin Missiles] like that?!" Calem shouted, flabbergasted at Akira's use of [Pin Missile].

Calem had never seen such flawless counters even though he was a battle nerd.

It was then he realized that battles in the Grand League were on a whole different level than what he was used to.

"There's so many…" Shauna said with worry, her eyes glued to the screen.

But everyone stared at Serena. With her hands clasped together and watching Ash's battle fervently.

But her face was not one of worry. But one of support.

"You can do this," she muttered to herself, still incredibly happy at Ash's appearance.

She did not care about whether if he would win.

Because she already knew he will win.

"It's coming, Pikachu!"

"Pika!"

"[Thunderbolt]!"

And a surge of lightning blasted from the electric mouse.

But unfortunately, the real Beedrill sneaked behind the mouse and slashed him from the back.

"[X-Scissor]!"

The bee made an X shape with its lances and swung at the little Pokémon.

Pikachu stumbled backwards with an injured ear. He had barely dodged it with only a minor wound on its ear.

"You alright, buddy?!"

"Pika!"

Crack!

Another crack from Akira's whip.