Chapter 43: NINE STRIKES

Chapter 43: Nine Strikes

Mommy…

My mommy who always protected me.

My mommy who fights her hardest to save me.

My mommy who wanted me to remember her.

… was the strongest.
_

Pallet Town, Kanto Region.

"Hurry up, Bill! We need to get this to Ash!" a teenage girl cried out as she made herself comfortable in a car.

"Free!" a pink Butterfree voiced her agreement to the girl's anxious remark.

"I know, Daisy!" a young man called out before entering the vehicle and prepared to drive.

Inside the car, Daisy Oak held onto a device that had a recorded video ready to play in it. Butterfree's mate sat in the backseat, ready to go meet her mate.

"Alright, everyone. If I push this baby hard enough, we'll get there in about 10 minutes' time!" Bill grinned as he stepped on the pedal.

'Please get there in time…' Daisy prayed.
________________

{ LOOKS LIKE THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE FOLKS! }

{ MAROWAK VS LAPRAS! }

{ WILL RED BE THE FIRST CHALLENGER TO TOPPLE DOWN AN ELITE FOUR?! }

{ OR WILL LORELEI PREVAIL ONCE MORE?! }

The cheers of the audience were quickly overwhelmed by the rain as the two Trainers continued their perpetual stare-off.

Marowak was unmoving in his stance, his two bones held firm while the eyes within the skull looked for the slightest hint of movement.

The raven-haired boy was still drained after the last battle. For specifically, after he found out he could transfer his 'strength' to Charizard.

But now was not the time to dwell at that. Once more, Ash refocused his attention towards the Lapras standing before him and victory.

Meanwhile, Lorelei was baffled at the boy's unyielding spirit despite the overwhelming obstacle she posed to him. Her thoughts drifted back to their conversation from last night.

"My dream of becoming a Pokémon Master. It was given to me by someone very dear to me."

"She gave me everything when I had nothing. She is the reason why I stand before all of you today. I'll never stop searching for her…"

"And along my journey…"

"I'll become the very best. Like no one ever was."

'Haah… What is wrong with me?' Lorelei berated herself.

'I tried to finish him off as quickly as possible. But I disregarded my opponent's feelings in favour of running away like a coward just because I don't want to see him in despair like those in the past.'

With that, she finally faced Ash head on.

"Looks like I still have much to learn, even as an Elite Four," she sighed with a smile.