Chapter 48: Fire Red & Leaf Green (1)

Author's Notes (4)

.

Some explanation about this chapter: Imma be honest, I'm a little burnt out from writing the Gary vs Ash match so this chapter's gonna be short but it's also a set up for the next two chapters, which are the real juicy battles. A 6v6 is a real challenge and I found myself reusing the same strategies from the previous battles and rewriting the chapter all over again (This is the fifth rewrite btw). And even then, I'm not really proud of this chapter so totally understandable if readers aren't a big fan of Chapter 48. Once this arc is done, I plan to rewrite the earlier chapters, especially the prologues, and this chapter, if possible since it's very lacklustre even though it's a set-up chapter. Apologies in advance if there's a drop in quality.

.

TRio:

Unfortunately, the TRio will not be making an appearance in the story... for now. There's no space for them in the grand scheme of the story but if readers really want to see them in Fated, I'll do my best to incorporate them into the story, minor nor not.

.

Reunion between Ash and Serena:

Let's get this outta the way, our two main characters are not gonna be meeting any time soon since this Amour story is going to be a slow burn romance. Right now, the two are still immature and I plan to develop them separately and using each other as their motivations.

And one main point of Fated is that the story and by proxy, me, are deliberately trying to force Ash and Serena apart until the Fated(heh) reunion. There are going to be some frustrating moments where Ash is so damn close to finding out where Serena is but ultimately not finding out. Please understand that those are going to be intentional (figurative and literally).

.

Goh and Chloe:

They're actually in the story already! Chapter 23 shows Ash and Serena meeting and befriending them.

.

Guzma and Piers:

They're not really villains in their respective regions and will not be treated like one. But Guzma is something of a foot soldier for Lusamine in the games so he would be an adversary when Ash reaches Alola.

.

Contests and Performances:

I see them as a challenge for me to write descriptive writing and it'll be fun when we finally reach Hoenn.

.

Giving Ash Froakie before Kalos:

Right now, I'm debating whether Froakie should be given to Ash earlier (but not this early) between Sinnoh and Unova. But then, Ash-Greninja will break the powerscaling of Sinnoh and Unova (Have big plans for Kalos). But I probably won't give him to Ash before Kalos because of OP issues. That OP frog plus competent Ash is going to be a menace.

.

Battle Frontier:

Yep.

.

Movies:

They're not going to be shuffled around and will follow the chronological order. But unlike the anime, they're all canon in Fated. Gotta have stories to brag and tell the wifey, no?

.

Zekrom or Reshiram:

Now, both are interchangeable as they represent Ideals and Truth respectively. So it does change much which dragon chooses Ash. So, I'll leave this up to the readers but this is still a looooong way ahead.