Chapter 55: Prepare For Trouble!

Author's Notes (11)

Man, I'm on a roll! 60 chapters total and this time, we got new cast joining Fated!

Judging from the title, you guys already know who they are. Not only that, a special someone makes her cameo near the end, though her true identity will probably be revealed much later.

From the encouraging reviews of last chapter, some placed their bets on Paul or Silver. And I'm coming right out and say no, it's not them.

Currently in the story, the reason why Gold or Silver aren't making an appearance is cuz they're still young like in Adventures, 3 years younger than Red to be exact. Meaning, they are now 8 in the story and won't debut until they're of age to travel (11) which means Ash would be 14 by then. And I got huge plans for 14 year old Ash in the future.

Paul's a great guess but like Serena and the others, he would only be given a Provisional license, meaning he would not be able to go as he pleases without a supervisor like in the anime where he challenged different regions. So Paul's out as well.

So who does this leave?

Hint: A person who everyone in the Pokémon fanfics LOVE to put as the cringiest final boss... for some reason. (But I'm gonna make sense of it, don't worry!)

And that's it! Take care!
_____

Chapter 55: Prepare for Trouble

Cissy and Ash made their way to open waters with the latter returning Lapras as he did not want to overwork her. Meanwhile, a yellow blur sprung onto the raven-haired boy's face, eliciting a surprised sound from him.

"Pikachu? Yeah, sorry. We're doing a tiebreaker match now," the boy pried the mouse from his face as he informed him of the current situation while placing his cap onto him.

'Wave Ride Contest… Maybe I should try catching another Water type soon,' the raven-haired boy reminded himself since his trials on the Orange Islands were more likely to deal in water-based Challenges due to their tropical nature.

"You got the gist of it, Finalist?" Cissy grinned as her confidence in this trial was staggeringly high.

"[Surf] on our Pokémon to the flag that's about a kilometre from here and back, right? It's like a swimming lap, then," the raven-haired boy nodded, unbothered by the additional nickname he had gotten.

Then, from the corner of his eyes, Ash noticed a large shadow beneath the water with its crown-like yellow fin jutting out of the azure waters.

'Woah, that's a huge Magikarp…' he thought before he turned his attention back towards the race.

Sycamore Lab, Kalos Region.

Alain was speechless at Ash's execution of outplaying the competition. Although the details in the rules were not as clear, the raven-haired boy immediately exploited the rules and even made an extra failsafe, giving the impression he was able to keep calm and unbothered by the fact that Mikan Gym was the hardest one. The boy overcame his trial by simply outsmarting the system while keeping a cool head as he worked with his Pokémon. That alone made a favourable impression on Alain.

"I can tell your friend's quite the troublemaker, judging from his stunts," the teen remarked to the honey blonde.

"You have no idea…" Serena deadpanned as she recalled the fact that Ash bit the dust before promptly returning back to life.

"Indeed. However, his craftiness is something to take note of," Kimia inputted as she was similarly impressed by Ash.

The blonde princess was aware of her rigid mindset as she was trained to follow the rules tightly since a tender age. But after witnessing the raven-haired boy outwitting the Challenge, she grew to admire the boy's quick thinking and clear-headedness even in the face of an overwhelmingly hard trial.