Chapter 49 : Fire Red & Leaf Green (2)

Author's Notes (5)

.

Whew. I'm exhausted, man. I had to stop myself before continuing on since I've always wanted to write up to this point. This chapter and next chapter were one of the first ideas that came into my mind that would eventually become the starting point of Fated. So really, thanks for all your support for encouraging me to go this far.

Now, I understand that my decision to make Ash and Serena reunite late in the story in a tad controversial and truthfully, not what you guys came for. But this is one thing I will not budge on. Deviating too much from what I want to write will affect a lot of things later down the line, but I also understand if readers dislike this direction. I will not mind nor complain if this decision will turn off a lot of readers from this story since this is an Amour story to begin with. But worldbuilding and character arcs are more important to me.

I've seen great stories turn to garbage because of forced romance BS (looking at you AOT), which I do not want happen to my story. Right now, if Ash and Serena get together at this point in the story, it would be forced. So my reason for delaying it for like 50% of the story is to develop them into standalone characters that naturally fall for each other all over again. And imagine the payoff after getting screwed over by the writer (me) and the entire story, Ash finally gets his wish and meets her.

(Slight spoiler: Their reunion is going to be epic... Also watch Shirou summoning Saber to get a better understanding)

...Or you guys can just stop reading until I get to the part where the two reunite, which is honestly what I would do tbh. But regardless, I am really thankful to you readers who has kept reading thus far. It really means a lot that I can finally write everything in my head for the past few years since XY.

.

Custom Megas?

Unfortunately, no. Although I will deviate a lot in Fated, I prefer to keep to core of the games just like canon. Meaning no new Z moves or Megas... until they announce them (new megas pls)

.

Ash's victory against Leon

Won't change anything in the story since Fated was written with the idea that Ash would win the Masters 8. Would be damn embarrassing if he lost and I had to discontinue this story. (jk)

.

Galar last region?

Nope. The Fated universe is written in a way that I have enough leeway to expand the world whenever a new game comes out and since I've been crafting some ideas for Paldea so definitely not.

.

Team Star and Paradox Pokémon

For Team Star, there is no plans for now. As for Paradox Pokémon, seems kinda like a 'Dialga screwed up' situation but idk, we'll see if there's any DLC expanding the lore on Paradox Pokémon in the future at the time of writing this.

.

SV good games?

I can't judge them since I don't have them nor a Switch, but although the framerates are trash, the story is a step up from SWSH. However, it's alright to enjoy the game and like it, there's absolutely no problem with that. But to forgive anything for that? Nah man, its Nintendo. They and Game Freak can make an even better game than this and this is a fact, not speculation. It's the top franchise for a reason and an above mediocre game is understandably not good in the eyes of a consumer.