Chapter 62: The Fighter

Author's Notes (17)

.

Hola, back again with another chapter. This time, it's a battle focused one!

Now, this chapter's gonna cover 80% of the entire match. Meaning, it's shorter than the previous 3v3s I've written before.

Now, now, put down those pitchforks. Lemme explain myself.

There are 2 reasons why I'm 'rushing' (not really, since this chap's a bit longer than the norm):

1) I just really wanna write Johto, man. It's already the middle of the year. My itch to write Ash in Johto and Serena's Kalos adventures grows bigger each day.

2) I rewatched Drake's battles against Ash and found that the dude's only strong Pokemon is only Dragonite. Seriously, rewatch it. That Dragonite is overpowered af but his teammates are just a bunch of chumps.

Now, with that, I needed to balance the difficulty of Drake with Ash's experience and came up with one method for him to realistically beat a seasoned veteran in a 6v6 without AURA:

...Biology. I'm not kidding, you're gonna have to read it to find out.

Now that the Orange Island's about to be finished in 1-2 chapters left, Johto's next with some surprise for Ash's 'pilgrimage'.

Fun fact: Cynthia's last name being Tauropolos. It's a completely new last name compared to other fics, which is mainly to differentiate her from the Shironas (seriously, you're just naming her Cynthia Cynthia). Also also, it's one of Artemis' epithet, whose Cynthia's name is based on.

.

Review time!

C0rrupted1:

I think the only thing that's ashamed about Tracey not being canon here is that his Scyther isn't here. I'm a big fan of the old man angle they did with Scyther, was really interesting and sweet when he was dealing with the younger 'mon, like Togepi. There a way he could show up? Like Bugsy's Scyther (think used one), is the old man instead?

.

That's fine by me. +1 old Scyther for the future.

.

Really hoping when Zacian reveals herself more there's a whole bit of how she saw things, like Serena asking for a hug when she's exhausted and Ash just slamming his head into the wall out of nowhere. Just her basically going "Hmm..." as she eats popcorn.

.

Well, you got your wish. It's a funny idea that I don't mind putting in.

.

MegaSalamence64:

Opening up with the Champions over the Whole Lugia Fiasco is a nice touch going on your words about

But what interesting is Geeta's absence with Sada and Turo (Again, It's odd back in Chapter 58 NO ONE brought up their Absence (And Yes, I get that Chapter 58 was likely written before Scarlet and Violet's Release but I was surprised no one admitted to Ash why the Paldean professors are absent or heck, Even Clavell being their acting replacement till what happened to them are known...) So it's nice to see them get mentioned at least here to show the irregularity of Paldea's Champion and Professors...

(Also odd Rowan's not getting more focused since he co-developed the Pokédex as well (Plus he may have some personal burdens with him being Kamado's descendant and almost getting the Galaxy Team Killed during the Origin Dialga and Palkia Stuff... plus I already mentioned he'll be the most vocal about Sada and Turo's Irregularities as well)