Chapter 60: [M02] The Power Of One

Author's Notes (16)

...Well, damn. This chapter was supposed to double as a Mother's Day special.

*Internal screaming*

WAAAAHHHHHHH! Really sorry for the long update! I've been busy with my assignments in school (Seriously, wtf are degrees of freedom?!)

Not only that, M02 took a long time due to me cramming and removing a lot of ideas in it.

Power of One is the point where it could change the story depending on how I have written it. To explain this, I have sorted the movies into two categories:

Contained and Global movies.

Contained movies are events such as Mewtwo Strikes Back or Pokemon Heroes to name a few. They are events that take place in a contained setting, never affecting the world as a result.

However, Global movies are where things went messy. Power of One or the Deoxys movie and maybe the Entei movie could be counted as global since they're events that affect the entire world of Fated.

Now, what was the problem I had?

...Ash himself.

Do I officially reveal his AURA powers to the world for the villains to see? Or do I keep things hidden?

Luckily, there's a certain thing that helps me achieve that and power ups Ash as well. What is it? Guess you'll have to find out.

.

Speaking of which, I would like to retcon a certain part of my previous notes regarding Ash's specialty:

Ash's style revolves around Fakes and during my planning, I was eager to add in the 4-letter word powerup I've previously mentioned:

Copy.

It fits him thematically but in the end, I've decided to scrap it. How it works is that Ash would be able to copy other Trainers' style and use it against them.

Not only is it broken beyond belief, it would make him closer to the OP!Ash mold that I've been trying to avoid. So that's a no-no.

Fated!Ash is not going to have an easy time, I can promise you that.

Instead, I'll be giving him a different battle powerup in the form of a certain skill in Masters Ex. More specifically, one of Sygna Suit Thunderbolt Red's skill.

.

God, I'm tired. Just as I said, this chapter is nearly 33k+ words, surpassing M01 as a result.

I really don't wanna one up this...

And now, onwards to the questions:

...

From MegaSalamence64

.

Changing where Mew's Eyelash was found to be at the Tree of Begining is understandable... Especially given the larger focus on Aura as a Concept means Lucario's Movie would be delayed for bigger drama as well...

Plus given the Pokémon World's distancing itself for realty save for Pokémon Behaviour and Inspiration for their regions... It make sense you alter it...

And Zygrade's the Guardian of the Tree instead of the Regis... Wonder how they and their Galarian Cousins (Regidrago and Regieleki) and Papa Regigigas would be handled then...

.

Excellent questions! To start, I would like to clarify something. Zygarde isn't the Guardian of the Tree since the Regis are actually there in Fuji's notes (Legendary Titans), the reason why there's a mindless cluster capable of forming into a deformed 50% Zygarde is a lore spoiler and has something to do with Fated's altered Zacian/Zamazenta lore.