Chapter 54: The Orange League Begins!

Author's Notes (10)

Second chapter of March is here!!

Also, I really wanna finish the Orange Islands arc since I wanna start Johto as soon as possible. What I'm looking forward to write is the Celebi movie, Entei movie, and the Johto League as I've decided on the first and recurring Big Bad Rival for Ash who'll make his appearance sooner than canon (It's not an OC. It's someone everyone who watched the anime KNOW VERY WELL). Who? Well, you're gonna have to find out...

Not only that, Hoenn's going to be a blast to write since the Lucario movie's taking place there and with the addition of the creature guarding the tree in Fated, expect some wild shit to go down. AND GOD, I'M SO EXCITED TO WRITE THE SINNOH ARC!

As soon as I finish this arc which would be around... 10-ish chapters? I think. Idk man. Plus, we have M02 so that's an additional 1.

Now I have some questions for you guys:

- Would you guys prefer Ash travelling to the side games regions?

- Do you guys want character profiles and omakes?

And that's about it. Enjoy!
____________

Chapter 54: The Orange League Begins!

This was the day when Ash Ketchum's bad luck reached an all-time high. Not only did his throwaway guess of Gary and Blue meeting Serena came true, but his rival had also accidentally blabbed about his death at the hands of Mewtwo to the honey blonde. To make matters worse, she had hijacked the Professors' meeting and overheard the outlandish feats the raven-haired boy had accomplished to her displeasure and worrisome self. And as if that was not enough, Serena confronted Ash while Ivy was getting chummy with the boy, prompting an icy glare towards him in the process.

The other Professors minus Sycamore and Ivy left the meeting but not before wishing for the raven-haired boy's safety. Though, they were also hoping the honey blonde would set the boy straight since after just a few conversations with Ash, they realized that underneath the layer of kindness, there was also a gaping lack of self-worth that the raven-haired boy was never even aware of.

The atmosphere was heavy as the bystanders had to watch the once determined raven-haired boy with eyes of conviction reduced to a prostrating pile of trembling mess at the mercy of the enraged honey blonde ready to chew him out.

The remaining spectators watched in silence as the honey blonde sat cross-legged while glaring down at the prostrating boy on his knees with his partner wheezing at his Trainer's long-awaited come-uppance. Though she was glaring at the boy, her mood brightened when the raven-haired boy's Pokémon summoned themselves to greet the girl whom their Trainer constantly talked about.

"Hi, you guys! It's nice to see finally meet all of you!" Serena cooed to the 5 Pokémon with Pikachu as their ringleader.

They instantly took a liking to the honey blonde, abandoning their quivering Trainer in the process.

"It'd be nice if you guys could help your Trainer out here…" Ash muttered to his Pokémon to which they shrugged as if to say he had it coming.

'The blades of betrayal sure are rampant today, huh?!' a tick mark popped on Ash's forehead.

'Hmph! I'll put ketchup in everyone's dishes except for Pikachu as payback.'

The pettiness of the raven-haired boy quickly died out as Serena finished her greetings with Ash's Pokémon with the latter enjoying the incoming reprimand.