Chapter 46:A Costly Victory

Author's Notes (2)

Well, well. Author's Note number 2.

.

1: Would Mega Evolutions, Z Moves, Dynamax and Terastal be appearing in your Story? While Sync Stones are confirmed to be a thing (And a Far lesser Extent Ash-Greninja with Froakie's Early Apperances), Would any of the Regional Gimmicks be a thing in this Story?

Big yes! Terastalize is certainly the last to appear in this story since at the time of writing this, it's a new gimmick that I'll definitely write into Fated in the future.

Some things to note:

-Megas are not widespread at the current time so there are little to no Mega users currently in the story. Will change as time goes along in the story.

-Z Moves are an unknown, meaning no Trainer from other regions even knows about them.

-Dynamax are Galar-only so there's no way they'll be used outside of Galar.

.

2: Would your Story follow Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire or the Normal Ruby/Sapphire?

Great question! The answer is both, funnily enough. The first time Ash steps foot in Hoenn, we will be following RSE storyline (Manga or Games, probably a mix of the two). Then, after the awaited reunion, I'll add the ORAS arc similar to the Manga. Zinnia would probably make a cameo during Ash's journey and make an actual appearance during the ORAS arc.

Likewise, How would you handle Hisuian Pokémon beyond Kleavor, Ursaluna and Wrydeer (And Enamorus to some extent)? Given Hisuian Forms are considered Extinct in Modern Day Sinnoh… I'm curious to know if they'll appear in some way in your story before the Hisui Arc of it… I know Scarlet and Violet would introduce some way to justify say Ursaluna in the Mordern Era (Someone recreating the Pelt Blocks?) but still… wonder how you'll handle it?

About that, we'll have to wait and see how the games justifies it, but for now, anything Hisui-related in Fated is spoiler territory so I can't really say much, sorry.

.

3: Without Spoiling Much, How would you handle Serena's Team? (And a lesser extent Ash's):

Imma be honest right out of the gate, Serena's team is still an unknown for me. She's probably going to have her same team but with 3 more additions for a full team. Who those 3 will be, we'll see.

As for Ash's team, it's going to be cut down from canon since a Pokemon story is... a story about Pokemon. I can't write that many personalities.

The other regions' team, you guys can probably guess who'll make the cut with some Fated exclusive members like Marowak. HOWEVER! Johto's team is gonna have like 3 or 4 Pokemon only since... Johto's really boring if you think about it. Which is a pain in the ass for me since the Kanto arc is about to end! So, Johto's probably going to focus more on Serena's side since there really isn't much to write about Johto.

.

4: How would the Less Lore/Mythology Heavy Legendaries like the Tao Trio (Reshriam/Zekrom/Kyurem) Ultra Beasts, Legendary Birds of Kanto and Koraidon/Miraidon be handled in this Fic? While the Tao Dragons have their own lore in Unova (Being one original Dragon that was splitted into Three (Two Dragons embodying Truths and Ideals (AKA Reshriam and Zekrom) with the Leftover remains being Kyurem), They're not based on anything Myth Related (Like Say Zygrade, Xerenas and Yveltal) and more based on Taoism as a concept… So it'll be interesting where you'll go with them at least since the Legendaries would have more expanded in your stories with their Inspirations like with Zacian and Zamazenta….