Chapter 28: PRELIMINARIES (4)

Chapter 28: Preliminaries (4)

"Achoo!"

"Pika?" Pikachu squeaked in confusion.

Ash sniffled.

'Who's making fun of me?' he thought curiously.

Ash had won his first Preliminary Match and was now walking to the PokéCentre to heal his Pokémon. Misty and Blue accompanied him.

"Gotta admit, you put on quite the show there," Misty commented, remembering the destroyed battlefield.

The only person crazy enough to do such a thing would be Ash Ketchum. At least, that was what Misty thought.

"No kidding. Plus…" Blue said, joining in the conversation before grinning mischievously.

"Your Pokémon Master, was it? Pupupu~"

"Lay off, Bluey," Ash shot back with a faint blush.

Misty looked at the boy's reaction and proceeded to tease him as well.

"So… who's Rena?" she asked teasingly.

Ash said nothing. He would not respond to anyone calling Serena by any of her nicknames. After all, the fact that Serena even gave him permission to use spoke volumes at how special it was.

Before the girls could tease any further, they noticed a crowd in front of them.

"Hmm? Is there a celebrity here or something?" Ash asked inquisitively.

The three then pushed through the crowd to see who the masses were looking at. Misty was the first to recognize them.

"Celebrity's a bit of an understatement…," Misty muttered in amazement.

"They're…"

A burly muscular man wearing only white haori with torn white trousers.

A vermillion red-haired woman wearing glasses and a form-fitting black dress.

A familiar old woman wearing a purple dress with a woollen green cloth while holding a wooden cane.

And finally, a carmine red-haired man wearing a black cape.

"The Elite Four!"

The Elite Four.

In the past, before their official titles, they were known as The Four Heavenly Kings. However, since the name was too grand, they changed it to simply The Elite Four.

The title was given to the 4 strongest Trainers in a region. Recognized for the formidable strength in battle as well as achievements in life.

For example, one of the Elite Four that Ash personally knew, Agatha. She was the finalist against Oak during the first Indigo Grand League as well as the victor of the second one.

Her achievements of being the victor of a Grand League as well as a renowned author of her book, Shared Lives, were just some that led her to the acquisition of the title.

Ash widened his eyes as he realized who he was looking at. Blue was jubilant to meet Agatha again.

Misty and the red-haired woman's eyes met. And they both shared a smile, seemingly acquainted.

Then, from the crowd…

"Miss Agatha! It's been a while!" the raven-haired boy called out bluntly. Ash was generally not one to read the room and proceeded to do Ash things.

Everyone in the crowd as well as the Elite Four stared at the boy, making Blue and Misty panic over the dense boy's loud greeting.

"Ash!" Misty hissed before grabbing Ash's head and pushed it to the ground.