🦈46

(Skip time to landing because there is nothing anyone wants to read about being on a flight for 13 hours.)

🦈Yeonhwa🦈

After sitting on a plane for 13 hours, I finally can see land and the airport. Once again fans crowded us and took pictures. I wore my bucket hat with glasses and mask while Jaehyun was wearing a hoodie and sunglasses. Jaehyun is used to popularity and fans taking pictures but I'm not, I don't travel a lot so whenever I travel it is hard and painful.

When I got to Jaehyun's apartment his second team was already there. I realized they were NCT 127 (Nct subunit). The minute I lay down on a bed my eyelid closes before I can do anything.

"Ya, call Joshua," Jaehyun yelled, which made me jump. I forgot to call Joshua and tell him I landed safely, I hope he is not mad. Joshua picks up immediately with a happy face that I call, seeing him makes me feel better and forget about all the tiredness. After talking for 2 hours Joshua told me to rest and I can call him later, Jaehyun wasn't happy about how I made a mess in a newly organized room. "You are messy."

"I know I am," I said. "Shh and let me sleep."

🦈Joshua🦈

I was relieved that she landed safely in the US with Jaehyun. I can tell the sadness in her eye but she quickly hides it away from me. It's been 2 days and I miss her already. The house is empty without her making coffee every morning and getting yelled at by her because I didn't eat breakfast.

I resume my work again while trying to distract myself from Yeonhwa, out of nowhere Nancy appears.

"Hello," she said. I ignored her and went back to work. I don't want her to be my receptionist. "You can't ignore me like that, I broke up with Yoon and we didn't even get married."

"So?" I ask. "Why do I need to know that?"

"Because I would like to get back with you," Nancy said. "I know your wife is not here so this is my opportunity."

"You know I have a wife," I said. "Then why are you coming after me?"

"Because I love you," Nancy said. "I know you won't leave your wife for me."

I call the guard to escort her out because I don't want to hear anything again. I pulled out my wedding photo with Yeonhwa. I wonder what Yeonhwa is doing, probably sleeping since it's nighttime over there, a few minutes later Kihyun Hyung walks in with a box.

"You got mail," he said. "It is not from Yeonhwa but it is from Jaehyun, addressing something very private."

I read Jaehyun's letter and it made me cry. Yeonhwa hid her health problems from me. The letter said: Yeonhwa didn't retire because of the accident long ago, she retired after inhaling too much smoke causing her heart to be weak. She has been receiving medicine but nothing helps, she is not going to the US only for her business but also for her extra treatment.

"Did you know about this?" I ask Kihyun Hyung. "Why did she lie to me?"

"I know her heart has a problem but not anything else," he answered. "She worries that you won't focus on your work."

I called Jaehyun and he answered quickly, the way he talked there was something wrong.

Call you Jaehyun

Me: Is Yeonhwa still sleeping?

Jaehyun: Yes

Me: Why did she lie to me? How long has she been in treatment for a heart problem?

Jaehyun: A couple month after the accident

I heard a voice far away and it was her

Yeonhwa: Joshua, I'm sorry for lying but I'm worry you won't focus on your work

Me: I know you care for me

The call was 3 hour long, so long that her cat fell asleep. I ended the call because I needed a nap after all of this.

🦈Yeonhwa🦈

After talking to Joshua I couldn't sleep so I decided to unpack and clean up my room. Dark helps me while Xiao follows Jaehyun around, making him a bit annoyed because of how much he talks.

"Yeonhwa, your cat talks too much," Jaehyun yells across the house. "Can we trade? I take Dark." I laugh and carry Dark out for him, he just like Seungwoo can't deal with a talkative cat. I slept for two day straight trying to get energy back. Having a weak heart is more difficult to do chores.

"Did you take your medicine?" Jaehyun asked. "It's important for you to take it, don't skip anything."

"Dark brought me a medicine bag telling me it time to take it," I said. "Jaehyun lucky for you, gas didn't affect your heart but it hurt your back."

"I rather have a weak heart than having a back problem," Jaehyun said. "I can't do anything that requires my back."

I continue to unpack and organize my clothes, Jaehyun already includes a table for me to work and play my game while Dark and Xiao have their own bed.