🦈 47

🦈Yeonhwa🦈

Today Jaehyun took me to his first team probably, Nct 127 consists of 10 members. They are all mafia except for Jaehyun. I met Taeyong before and I don't like him, he gave me a weird feeling but Mark is very funny.

"Guys, this is my friend Yeonhwa," Jaehyun said. "Or you might know her as Senior co-captain."

"Welcome," Taeyong said in a cold voice. "Follow the rule." Mark volunteered to show me around their house which made Taeyong change his reaction. I felt a pair of eyes follow me around the house.

"Taeyong, don't worry she won't do anything bad," Jaehyun said. "Her heart is very weak now, making it hard for her to do the normal thing."

🦈Taeyong🦈

This is my first time having a girl here, I don't know how I feel about it but there is something that makes me happy in a different way.

"How long is she staying here?" I ask Jaehyun.

"A couple of months close to a year," he answered. "She came here for a fashion show and medical treatment."

"I wonder how Joshua is feeling without her," I said. "I can't imagine living without your wife."

"He misses a lot," Jaehyun said. "Every time they call, their conversation is 3 hours long."

I sat on the couch watching everyone showing her things and making her happy. I heard about her heart problem but I didn't know it would be bad and probably needed surgery.

🦈Joshua🦈

It has been 4 days since she left for the US and I don't feel sad anymore but part of me still misses her. Sleeping at night was hard for me since no one was hugging me. Dino volunteered to be my assistant and someone to talk to when I'm sad, everyone understands how I feel about this.

"Hyung, I know you are sad," Dino said. "Don't worry she will come home soon."

"I hope so," I said. "Can you give this to Mrs. Kim?" He nodded and left with a file. Usually, Yeonhwa always gives the paper to Mrs. Kim. A few minutes later he came back with a box when I opened it and it was a snack and a thank you note from her. "She quit?"

"Yes, she is getting older now and her memory is working like back then," Dino said. "She wants you to find someone who is young and has more energy than her."

"Joshua, I don't want to quit now but I'm not young anymore," Mrs. Kim said. "My memory is weak and so is my body, I'm tired more frequently and it is hard for me to concentrate. I know this company loves me but it's time for another person to be loved." She gave me a full-note explanation with a tear in her eye. I should call Yeonhwa later about this but right now I have to figure out how to move on from someone who has been working with me for more than 5 years.

Call to Yeonhwa

Yeonhwa: She quit?

Joshua: Yes, she said she getting older and it is time for her to retire

Yeonhwa: I hope she has a nice retirement, has anyone applied for a front desk position?

Joshua: Not yet, I hope it is someone good and willing to work an extra hour

Yeonhwa: Only me and Mrs. Kim are willing to wait for you after work time is over

Joshua: I know I have to go, make sure to sleep well and take your medicine

Yeonhwa: I will don't worry, make sure to rest and it well

The call wasn't long because I just needed to tell her a quick thing. Mrs. Kim waited for me to finish my work for the last time. I started crying seeing her wearing the uniform for the last time, I hugged her tightly saying she is always welcome in this company.

🦈Yeonhwa🦈

Mrs. Kim's retirement was unexpected, I didn't expect her to retire at this age. I thought she would continue working at Joshua's company until her 60 but no, I understand how she wants to let her body and mind relax. Taeyong came to Jaehyun's house because they had something to do, but Xiao didn't.

"Xiao, be nice," I said. "Sorry Taeyong, Xiao is not used to new people."

"It fine," he said. "I will be with Jaehyun in his room, if you need anything just call us." Like normal I turn on my computer and put in my airpod to watch a movie with Dark and Xiao, Jaehyun and Taeyong. The conversation is super long. It had been 2 hours since they had been in that room, Jaehyun come down first then Taeyong. "I have to go, see you tomorrow."

"Jaehyun, Mrs. Kim retired," I said immediately after Taeyong left. "She suddenly retired."

"If I was her I would retire a year ago," Jaehyun said. "Forcing yourself to work is not good."

"That is the reason why I retired," I said. "I can't force my heart to work hard. I'm going to take a nap, if you need anything to wake me up."