Chapter 1: Those Years I Lost

Once Aeri finally managed to escape, from the embrace of her twin brother, she decided to get ready for the day. She took one long look at herself from the mirror, stopping to think. She took a quick glance at her brothers slowly waking form. His hair was a total mess, and for once, he had not poked a hole to his pillow, with his horns. Usually, it looked like a pin cushion without any needles in it. ;"Morning sister.." Shiroazaad said in a sleepy voice, his dry throat holding in most of his voice. ;"Morning Shiro." Aeri answered, giving him a small forced smile. Shiro took a note of this, making sure to give a lot of thought, for what he should say next. ;"Y'know it's not as bad as you think, you shouldn't feel bad for looking different from them." He said, in a hushed tone. A hit of sadness fully noticeable. Aeri looked back in the mirror. A pair of green eyes looking back at her. She looked at her head, a pair of red energy wings growing out of it. The wings had a tattered look to them, almost demonic. She had never liked them, despite all of the Eliatropes having similar ones. Even amongst her own siblings, she was an exception. She was the only one to harness different type of life energy. Different kind of wakfu. Not only was the color red, instead of the usual blue symbolising balance, hers symbolised chaos. The stasis.

Every Eliatrope knew about the story of Goddess Eliatrope, and the Great Dragon. The two powerful beings, in the beginning of everything. Balance and Chaos, brought together, creating harmony, creating LIFE, and the Krosmoz itself. From their dance alone everything began, and the 7 first born Eliatropes were born, along with their dragon twins. Sharing the same egg. Same dofus. Aeri was one of them. They differentiated from the usual people, having longer life expectancy and reincarnation. Not only did the First Borns age much, much slower than the others, but if they were to die, their wakfu would simply return into their dofus, waiting for their twin to join them, to be born anew. Of course Aeri too, had lived many many lives before this one, and while usually they would not retain any memories from their past lives, some of them came to her, in the form of dreams, or flashes in her head. She didn't know when or where though, it never had a pattern. Of course, she could always ask from her brother Qilby about them. Him and his dragon sister Shinonome, remembered all of their lives. All those years and moments etched to their minds. While it sometimes sounded like a lot to deal with, right now, Aeri couldn't care less. She wanted to remember hers, like they did. The moments she had once shared with her sisters and brothers. While they shared no biological tie between the other Eliatrope and Dragon twins, they all called each other brothers and sisters, as they were all made by the Goddess and The Great Dragon's power. And despite all that, she was not in fact, a full Eliatrope. Not anymore.

During her very first life, before she was born with Shiroazaad, there was an accident. The Eliatropes could use the power of wakfu, to create something called zaap portals. For short, and long distance travelling. When a group of Eliatrope scientists were testing even longer reaching portals, they opened a gateway for.. Something. To come through. That something was one of the powerful demonic beings known as Shushu. A king of sorts. Called simply: Rushu. He had attempted to come through, but only managed to force his arm through the portal. Aeri, and Shiro's dofus had been in the room while this happened. Rushu taking interest in the white-and-red colored egg. It was shining, pure, and he wanted to destroy it. That's what his kind did. Destroy everything they could. Just for the fun of it. He hadn't gotten far enough to grab the dofus, but his long sharp nail had managed to scratch the surface of the dofus, allowing HIS power to go through, and the unborn Eliatrope child, had unwillingly taken it, becoming one with it. The portal was closed, Rushu successfully pushed back to where he came from, but the dofus, was hurt. It color turned into darker shade of red, mixing with inky black, a darker aura surrounding it. Qilby, thankfully had sealed the small crack on the egg with his own Wakfu, stabilising it. The color turning lighter, ominous aura gone. While there were no complications when the twins were born, even a blind person could see, that the baby girl looked off. Nothing seemed to be wrong on the outside with the dragon baby, but it's temper was short, and would not allow anyone to come close to its sibling, especially if they said anything about her wings. 

Since Qilby was the one who had fixed their dofus, it was decided that the man would become the child's mentor, once she'd grow old enough to start training her powers. While there were certain incidents, regarding other Eliatrope children, whenever Aeri would spend time with her twin, or other First Borns, she acted just like any other young child would. Happy-go-lucky, curious, energetic even. But the others were worried about her, she had no other friends besides her brother that were her age. She was shunned because of the power she didn't even want. That she could not change. Most of the time, she would refuse to use her wings, even if it was for training purposes. Only when she was indoors near her siblings, would she take her hat off to train. Qilby mainly was the one to teach her about her powers, and how to use them. While Shiroazaad was taught by Shinonome. Aeri quickly took a liking for Qilby and his sister. Soon, visiting them became the norm. Whether it was for lessons, or just checking up on them, it didn't matter. It wasn't as if they did not love their other family, they absolutely did. But being with the two of them, felt so relaxed, so freeing. It felt like they truly understood them.

Aeri put on her hat, a red one which had a long tail like part on the back, white fur on the tip, and two ear like appendages with a white stitch work on them, for the wings. All Eliatropes wore them from very young age. She made her way towards Qilby's lab, her 'ears' bouncing up and down every step of the way. Shiro knew she needed this time to talk with her mentor alone, and decided instead to make his way towards the kitchen. Had anyone seen these two, not knowing either of them, they wouldn't have been able to guess that they're indeed siblings. They looked nothing alike! Aeri had short sand colored hair, green eyes and pale skin. While Shiro had completely white skin, covered in black markings, blue eyes, and short pointy black hair. The only similarities for the moment, were that they looked human, and both of them had pointy ears, and sharp looking teeth.

Once she reached the lab's entrance, she knocked on the door politely waiting for an answer. ;"Come in Aeri!" Qilby answered soon after, Aeri doing so, walking up to his work desk. The middle aged looking man was currently working on, what seemed to be a concoction of sorts. Beautiful purple colored liquid in a vial glimmered before his eyes, as he took a beaker, and poured some of it inside, the color mixing with a green colored liquid, the solution making a small cloud rise up. "Hmm.. fascinating. This could be useful.." He murmured, taking notes of this reaction. He soon finished, tidying up his desk, putting everything in place. "So.." He started, turning to face Aeri. "Why is my favorite pupil, rushing to my doorstep first thing in the morning, at such an early hour?" He asked her, a warm smile greeting her. ;"I had another.. um.. memory-dream?" She answered shyly, looking up at the tall, lanky man, her ears drooping. "It was... about a war of some sorts.. there were these machines..." she explained him, painful look on her face, as she held her arm reminiscing the awful moments, dream still fresh on her mind. Qilby's ears perked up a bit, adjusting his small glasses, his expression became completely stoic. ;"Machines you say?" he stated, stroking his beard, one hand behind his back. He paced in front of her for a moments, before giving a heavy sigh. "No wonder you were so worked up about this. That.. Is not a memory I like to return to. Of course I don't get much of a choice." Qilby explained, his brown eyes locking for a moment with hers, showing a pained, hurt expression. He gently placed his hands on her shoulders, bending down to her level.

"Aeri, what you saw. Was the war between our people, and the beings known as Mechasms." He continued. She nodded as an answer. "That all happened. On our original home planet. We had to flee from them, to look for a new home. And after many, many years, we found this one. Setting up a colony here. Far away from those dangerous, evil beings who were jealous of our technology, and our scientific leaps." He continued. "We lost so much that day, so many good people. So much history..." He said standing back up, turning away from her. "And we lost.. You." He finished, a quiet whsiper towards the end, a single tear fell on his cheek, remembering that moment, but he soon recomposed himself. "I am so sorry you had to relive that. But this means, that you're remembering more of your past. More of our people, our beautiful home, everything! Oh, how I pray that you may only remember the good moments from now on. You shouldn't have to see all that pain. But if you ever do, I'm here for you. My door is always open. Hehe, as long as you don't barge right in during the night." Qilby told her, that familiar, friendly smile finding it's way on his face. Aeri, despite feeling so down just a moment ago, felt as if that nightmare had never even happened in the first place.