Chapter 24: Someone Familiar

Leaving Bonta, and the Lightnings, the two followed the Wakfu of Yugo and Adamai. It was a bit difficult since their Wakfu seemed to move from place to place. They had to switch direction a few times on the way. Once it stopped, it was an easy way over. What was waiting for them in that direction was a weird mass of a town. It was a ball which had bits and pieces of a town in it, it wasn't moving now, but it had been before. It was late in the evening when they got there. In the middle of the town was a huge tower, which looked like it would belong to a count or something. They jumped from rooftop to rooftop as they closed in on it. They could feel someone elses Wakfu as well, there were multiple people there.
What made Aeri stop was a sound she heard close by. She followed it, jumping on the bits and pieces of the buildings. She heard the voice coming closer. It was so close, she couldn't see anyone but their voice was so clear, so loud. Then she reached out her arms, and something fell on them. Something fluffy and big. A black bow-meow. She held it in her hands and looked extremely confused. She was sure she had heard someone yelling. ;"A Bow-Meow?" She said to herself. ;"Who're you calling a Bow-Meow!?" It said. It could talk. Aeri was surprised by this but didn't let go of it. There was a long way down. ;"Let me go you stupid girl!" It demanded. Aeri looked down and then back at it. ;"Are you sure about that?" She asked. When the Bow-Meow saw what a drop it was, it clinged to her arm. ;"M-maybe don't drop this little kitty?" It asked nicely. Aeri looked at it amused. When Shiro caught up to her, he stared at the cat. ;"What's the poor little thing doing out here all alone?" He asked. The cat looked annoyed. ;"Who's a POOR LITTLE THING You dumb boy?!" It spat. Shiro immediately deadpanned. ;"Drop the thing Aeri." He said. ;"He's just a poor little, sassy kitty." She said petting him a little. ;"My name is Granny Smisse! And I'm NOT a cat." He said. The two looked at each other and then back at him. ;"Sure", "Of course." They said, not believing a word he told them. Aeri put the cat down, letting it go it's way. ;"Be careful, these buildings are not as sound as they look!" She said after him. They wouldn't have known but they would see that Bow-Meow again some day soon.

They made their way to the tower, only to be greeted by a group of people. A big group if ghouls, and three people they didn't know. Fourth one of them however, was familiar. He wore similar hat to Aeri's but blue. He had a sand colored hair and brown eyes, and he wore an orange tank top, blue shorts, and brown and blue shoes. Besides him there were three others, a young Sadida girl, a Iop Knight, and an older Enutrof man. They seemed to be... hugging? While the ghouls were slowly making their way towards them. The Iop Knight stolen the shadows of the Enutrof and Sadida, turning them into ghouls as well. Aeri and Shiro quickly made their way through the window, Shiro blew fire at the ghouls, while Aeri made a portal, dropping the Sadida girl and Enutrof further away from Yugo. She couldn't see Adamai anywhere, but she felt his Wakfu further away. 'He must be elsewhere.' She thought. ;"Sorry it took so long little brother." Aeri said looking at Yugo's direction. He looked back at her. ;"Who are you-?" He asked before it dawned on him who she must be. ;"NOW what is this?? More intruders?! How many friends do you have Yugo??" The Iop asked angrily. He was wearing a ring with a Shushu in it, his eyes were white and he had black markings on his body. ;"Rubilax! What have you done with Dally!?" Yugo yelled. ;"Dally?" Aeri asked. ;"He's our friend who Rubilax the Shushu is currently inhabiting." Aeri and Shiro seemed to got the picture. ;"So all we have to do is to beat him then?" She asked. Yugo nodded. The ghouls seemed to be able to jump through the firewall Shiro created, as they came to view unharmed. ;"Not these guys again!" Shiro said annoyedly.  The ghouls surrounded them. ;"And now my slaves, captured them!" Rubilax commanded. Shiro started tossing the ghouls around as soon as they jumped towards him, and Aeri blasted them with her Stasis powers. Yugo tried to portal away from them but they grabbed him. ;"Yugo!" Aeri yelped. That bit of distraction gave the ghouls the chance to grab her too as well as Shiro. And they couldn't blast Yugo's friends.

Rubilax the Shushu currently in hold of Sir Percedal's body took the three with him underground to the mines, which were full of stone clones of Rubilax' current body. He walked them up to a big mirror, telling the others to back up, as he was going to contact the King of Shushus, Rushu with it. Yugo, Aeri and Shiro were told to kneel in front of him. Aeri and Shiro did so begrudgingly. When Rushu himself came to view on the other side of the mirror, something inside Aeri snapped. She could feel nothing but awful dread towards him. She wanted to run away and hide. But she couldn't move. She missed most of the conversation, but she heard about the part of making a portal for Rushu, in order to escape his prison dimension using an Eliatrope, or two. Along with getting a new dragon for a pet. Aeri could feel the cold sweat fall down her temples. She was visibly shaking. Shiro looked at her worriedly. ;"Sis?" He asked. Aeri felt the red markings appearing on her skin, as she lifted her hand towards the mirror where the Shushu was talking to. Just then another interruption happened, when a Cra girl appeared from the elevator to the mines. Aeri seemed to snap out of it. ;"Another friend of yours Yugo?" She asked her nodded. ;"Evangelyne." He said. The girl seemed to talk about how the Shushu Rubilax wasn't as bad as he let on, and that he didn't need to work for Rushu. The Shushu seemed conflicted about this, he broke the mirror and stopped the communication with his Lord, releasing the body of Percedal and taking his place inside a small sword Percedal carried with him. The Sadida Girl and the Enutrof got their shadows back as well, turning back to normal. The stone clones having released from their master went berserk attacking the people who used to be ghouls, and Yugo and his friends, as well as Aeri and Shiro. Everyone attacked them, Enutrof Ruel with his trusty shovel, Sadida Amalia with her plant powers, Evanglyne the Cra with her bow, Percedal the Iop with his sword Rubilax, Shiro with his dragon powers and Yugo and Aeri with their portal powers. The stone clones broke one by one, but by each shot, the earth began to rumble more and more, forcing the people to flee to safety. Aeri and Shiro's priority was Yugo's safety. Once they were sure he was okay, they could flee themselves. Two of Yugo's friends were left underground, and Yugo was worried he wouldn't see them again. But they emerged from the waters nearby as the town began to sank down, into a mess without a Master to control the ground. They watched the Sun rise from the shore near by. Aeri hugged Yugo, and Shiro joined in on it. ;"It's nice to finally meet you little brother." She said smiling. Yugo's friends watched the scene dumbfounded. They had no idea there would be any more Eliatropes, or Dragons around, that weren't inside a Dofus. But they seemed happy that everyone was alright for now.