Chapter 17: Preparing For Battle

Once they had gotten used to the convent, could they truly begin training. Palani served as their guide and as their tutor. Teaching the children of Goddess Eliatrope and The Great Dragon, was truly an honor for her. The other Huppermage's watched in awe as the two long awaited children came to view. Aeri and Shiro felt weird since neither one was used to being the center of attention. It was nice, but in an off way. They got many handshakes and "thank you's" on the way to the arena, where the main training took place. Some younger Huppermage's starting their training joined in on them. They seemed really interested in Aeri and Shiro. Especially the latter, one even trying to grab his little nubs of horns which he quickly shooed away. Aeri had her own problems trying to keep her hat on, when a few students wanted to see her wings.

Palani clapped her hands together as a sign of starting the lesson. The students quickly took their places, Shiro and Aeri close to each other. ;"Today, we have the privilege to have Goddess Eliatropes children take part in our humble little convent. We welcome them with open arms, to take part in our training against the elementals." Palani announced. The Huppermage children took their stances for summoning different elementals powers. While Shiro and Aeri weren't quite sure what was coming for them, they as well took a fighting stance. Palani clapped her hands once again, creating wind from nothing. She made a gigantic being consisting of her powers, which took the form of a lizard. It growled as it made it's way towards the students. They all quickly evaded it. Shiro and Aeri jumped to the side as the being dashed from the middle. It's breath created something like fire and sent it towards the students. Some used water magic to take out the flames, some used wind magic to take the oxygen from it. Aeri used her portals to fling it around the room, sending it flying to the walls. The being screeched loudly. Shiroazaad saw something inside the being. A dim glow of sorts. He dashed towards it creating his own fire, blasting it to it. The being swallowed his flames, and sent them back at him. He took it head on. It didn't burn him as one would think, for it was his own dragonic flame. Aeri created portals coming closer to the being. She too saw the dim glow, and jumped right towards the wind being. It didn't even try to move away. She jumped right through it, and onto the ground. ;'How can I win against something I can't even touch?' She thought. But as she had learned from Grougaloragran, EVERYTHING and EVERYONE has a weakness. She clenched her fist, readying next batch of portals. The dim glow she saw became clearer just for a moment. It was in the beings stomach. Some students tried to beat wind with their own, and by controlling it, but it was of no use. Shiro jumped over it, this time the being kept it's form. ;"Sis! This way!" Shiroazaad yelled, forcing the being's mouth open. Aeri made portals row by row, and into the being. The others looked at the scene curiously. Aeri dashed portal to portal, until she was in the being itself. She reached towards the weird glow. And caught whatever was making it. She clenched it in her hand. And suddenly the being was gone, like it had never existed in the first place. When Aeri looked what she was holding, she saw a shiny see-through rock. It had a sigil drawn on it. Palani seemed pleased.  She clapped. Everyone else did the same as well. Aeri handed the rock back to Palani. ;"Thank you." She said, giving a small bow. Aeri was sure she'd never get quite used to being treated this way. Like they had waited for an eternity for their arrival. She didn't exactly FEEL that special. Shiroazaad maybe but her? She just couldn't quite believe it.
;"That ends our lesson for today" Palani announced. "As you may have noticed this elemental was artificially made by me. Some of them might have a similar power source, but most of them won't be as passive as that being. They will attack relentlessly." She explained. "Find, where their Wakfu is coming from, and you'll find the core. Destroy the core, or take it out of the being, and the Elemental will disappear." She explained. The students took a note of this, nodding and murmuring amongst themselves.

Aeri had met an elemental before. Made out of water, although she didn't know of it's weakenss at the time. She wondered what else she had yet to learn. 'Maybe, we can learn about those things here.' She thought. Their mission was to find their Dofus, but they weren't strong enough yet to be able to tell it's location quite yet. She'd need more time, more training to get to that point. Grougaloragran had helped a lot in that point, but from here on out, it was her own duty to do so. To become strong enough, by using her Wakfu and Shiroazaad.. He had given up his chance with training another dragon to follow her on her journey. He could've left her alone, but he felt it was his own duty, to take care of his sister. For that Aeri truly felt bad, but was glad her brother had decided to come with her to find their egg. But before they could do so, they'd need to know as much about their people as they could. From their past, and seeing how much the people loved theirs, it seemed that this convent truly knew almost everything there was to know about them. Besides her own memories of course, which she could still barely have any access to. She'd need a good teacher, and it seemed like Palani might've been just what she was looking for.