Chapter 30: The Trial

The group had begrudgingly decided to go through the city of Brakmar in order to get to Qilby's Dofus faster. Shiro felt awkward going back to the City of Sin, since the last time they were literally chased away. Yugo was happy because he knew someone from there, a Gobbowler named Kriss Krass. He was going to go greet him if possible and introduce Shiroazaad to him. When they were entering the city, Ruel asked for a large family discount. The man in the toll booth didn't quite believe the others were his children until he told him that some characteristics jump a few generations. He didn't pry any further. They saw lots of vendors and salesmen as they went by on a trolley. They sold poison, assassinations, and the oh do familiar shapeshifting potion. Ruel thought that they should ask about Kriss from a local tavern, but as soon as he even said his name inside, everyone turned against them. All the people in the tavern got out their weapons ready to fight, so our heroes gave them just that. Hitting and kicking the people around the tavern, until the owner showed up. ;"I hope you paid to ruin my tavern beforehand!" He said. Everything in Brakmar costed money. Even breaking things. Yugo showed him a photo of Kriss Krass, telling him that they were looking for him.

The man guided them towards an arena which was packed with people. There seemed to be a trial going on. There, they saw a familiar figure. It was the Sacrier himself Kriss Krass on the stand. Being accused of being guilty for abusing his power as a Gobbowler, and slandering Brakmarian Gobbowl, by reading Bontarian Gobbowl magazines. They even had a man dressed as "Kriss' mother" saying that execution would do him a world of good. ;"This doesn't necessarily mean that Kriss is guilty of anything, you can be taken on trial for not paying your taxes in time." Amalia told Yugo, who was mad and sad, that Kriss had to be there to begin with. Shiroazaad watched the trial with disgust. ;"This town really is rotten to the core." He said. Even the Prince of Brakmar was there, as well as the Brakmarian Gobbowler team Brack N' Black, with their very famous 'Masked Gobbowler' leader. He wore a black and red mask with white fluffy hair, as well as red and black outfit. The trial seemed to be just about done, when Yugo took the stand. He portaled next to Kriss to say a few words for him. ;"Kriss is an excellent Gobbowler! He plays with honor, and honesty, and would never do anything to harm Gobbowls reputation!" He said, the crowd laughing at him. ;"And he doesn't especially play as bad as you Brack N' Black!" He declared. Everyone got quiet. Even the prosecutor was speechless.

One of the Gobbowl hosts, Jactance jumped on the stage, inspired by Yugo. ;"Are you going to take the challenge Brakmar?! Bontarian Team has just given you a challenge you can not miss! Either play Gobbowl or be forever ridiculed, by the City who was afraid of a child!" He announced. The Masked Gobbowler got up showing s thumbs up for the challenge. ;"He has accepted the challenge! It is now Bonta against Brakmar on Gobbowl field!" Jactance said. ;"Yes, if they win, Kriss Krass goes free, if they lose, he is shortened by the neck." The Judge said, hitting down his hammer. ;"The match shall commence tomorrow at midday. Ladies you may leave the arena, the trial is now finished." He said.

To play they needed at least five members, lucky for them they had Shiroazaad as fifth player but.. ;"I have never played Gobbowl before." He confessed. ;"Oh don't worry about it my boy, you'll get the hang of it in no time." Ruel said. ;"I can't believe we're playing against The Masked Gobbowler! He's my idol!" Said Amalia. ;"YOU'RE not playing against him. WE are." Ruel said. ;"I forgot. In Brakmar women aren't allowed to play Gobbowl!" Amalia cried. ;"It'll be fine once we teach Shiro here how to play in style." Ruel reassured. Shiro gulped. ;"Just in case, I think we should should ready for anything." Evangelyne said. They had to buy new equipment since Ruel's old ones didn't cut it. They also had to pay for their possible funerals, in case they lost. It all costed them seven hundred and fifty-six kamas, leaving them with two kamas, which they used to buy Ruel  a cheerleader outfit. Evangelyne and Amalia drank the shapeshifting potion in order to get on the arena with their friends. They took on fake names Evangelion and Amalius.