Chapter 46: Seven Lightnings

Aeri had been sending letters to her Bontarian Rogue friends, about Yugo and his friends, as well as her adventures with Shiro. While they had been busy, trying to locate all of the missing members of Seven Lightnings, they now were busy with a new task. To go and see Aeri and Shiroazaad in Emelka. It had provided them with a little challenge, since the village in question, was small and hard to find. They had gotten turned around more than once trying to locate it. Once they finally managed to find it, they had gotten curious looks from the villagers, as it wasn't often they saw such a group wandering in to their little village. Most had hidden themselves or went home immediately, as a group of Rogues usually meant trouble. Lightning wasn't sure why the people seemed scared, they were just a little band of Rogues. Measly group of thirty or so, all put together with their individual groups.

Alibert was having his hands full with the restaurant, Shiro, Aeri, Yugo and Adamai helped tremendously, with their respective powers, as well as keeping an eye on little Chibi and Grougaloragran. They were just serving the food when someone came in running. ;"Rogues! A big band of them!" He yelled as he panicked. Everyone instantly got worried about the news, even more so when they actually saw them approaching, with weapons and all. ;"Run for your lives!" Someone yelled. The people were in panic as the Lightnings came closer. Alibert took his trusty shovel off of the wall, to protect his children. ;"No Rogue is going to set a foot in here!" He declared. Aeri and Yugo prepared to fight as well, until the former actually saw who the Rogues in question were. She smiled widely as she saw them, and went to greet them. ;"Everyone it's alright! I  know these Rogues! They won't hurt you!" She announced. ;"Heya kid!" Lighting greeted. ;"Hey old timer!" Aeri said back as they shook hands. "Are they...?" Aeri began. ;"The rest of our gang? Yes!" Lighting said smiling. ;"Aeri? How exactly do you know these Rogues?" Alibert questioned. Aeri just knew there was going to be a lecture about this later, despite the fact she was the older one. ;"They're my... friends?" She said giving an awkward smile to Alibert. "Shiro knows them too!" She pointed out. Shiro gave a quick glare to her. ;"What? You do!" She argued. "So Alibert... These are the Seven Lightnings Rogues." She introduced them. "I kind of told them all about you guys, in my letters.." she said scratching the back of her head awkwardly. "Seven Lightnings. This is my family. Well not all of it, but all who live here in Emelka." She said. Lightning went to shake hands with Alibert who hesitantly did the same. ;"As long as you don't try to steal anything you may stay." He said squinting his eyes in angry manner. ;"You got a deal old man." He said smiling at him. "He seems nice, your dad." Lightning told her. ;"He is, just a bit wary." She told him. ;"Well anyway. Here is the rest of the gang: Lightning Feet you already know, but here are the twins Lightning Strikes." He pointed to the two twin Iops in his group who both had a matching tattoos of two lightning bolts on their arm. "Lightning Tail." He showed a grey Ecaflip with a red bandana on, with a scar on his left eye. "Lightning Eyes." He pointed to the direction of a black and white eyed Sacrier. His pupils looked like lightning bolts. "And last but not least: Lightning Chin." He said pointing at the Feca with a huge scar on his chin. Aeri had a hard time trying not to laugh at some of the names. ;"Nice to meet you!" She managed to say smiling, trying not to giggle. Shiro was visibly shaking next to her keeping in laughter. ;"They all have their own groups of Rogues. I'm so proud of them. It used to be just us Seven at first until they decided to go off and see the world. They're my family." Lightning said. Alibert nearly teared up a little listening to the Rogues speech.

Lightning flashed a smile. ;"Although I suppose we should be called the Eight Lightnings nowadays, right? Red Lightning?" He nudged at Aeri. ;"I had hoped you had forgotten about that..." she admitted. ;"Ha! Never." He said patting her head. ;"Wow you really ARE part of Rogues team!" Yugo said excitedly. ;"But you haven't stolen anything at least." Alibert said. Aeri looked at the ground while whistling. ;"No, I have not..." she said. The Lightnings were interested in hearing more about Aeri's family and their adventures together, so they decided to stay a while, and for once, they actually paid for their meal instead of dine and dash. Some of the Rogue women were talking about just how cute Chibi and Grougal were, and couldn't believe they actually used to be very powerful and wise when Aeri told them about her past lives. ;"Really? THAT dragon used to be a bigshot?" Lightning Tail said pointing at the now soundly sleeping Grougal. ;"Yes and very big." Shiro added. ;"Wow, guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover." Lightning Tail said. ;"And your people come from eggs that they always share with one of those??" The Lightning Strikes asked. ;"Pretty much so, yup." Aeri nodded. ;"Wow. Wicked." They said awestruck. ;"Well this visit has been an eye opener. I mean imagine all you could steal with such power-" Lightning began until he noticed Alibert glaring at him. "I MEAN all the good you could do with those powers...?" He quietly said, twiddling his thumbs. Alibert seemed more pleased with this. ;"But what about the one you wrote about in your letter.. Qilby was it? Is he still a threat or..?" Lightning asked. Aeri shook her head. ;"Don't worry, he won't do anything to anyone anymore. He doesn't have his powers where he is at." She explained, looking kind of melancholic. ;"But you still see him don't you?" Lighting asked. ;"Yeah a lot of the time actually." She explained. ;"Which I still don't know what to think about." Alibert added. Aeri rolled her eyes playfully. ;"I wish you could meet him too, but I don't know how the King would feel about a group of Rogues coming to meet the infamous inmate." She explained. ;"Yeah not too many actually take the time to know us. All they see is a bunch of society's rejects ready to rob you blind. Which I don't blame them, we have done a lot of questionable things but... We're not bad guys." Lightning said. ;"No, you really aren't." Aeri said smiling at him. ;"Well this has been nice, but I think we need to get a move on before one of those villagers outside decides to bring the torch and poker." Lightning said pointing at some villagers who were listening in on the outside of the restaurant. ;"They won't do THAT...well maybe the torch thing but.." Aeri said. ;"It was nice seeing you Red, you too White" Lightning told Aeri and Shiro. "And it was a pleasure meeting all of you too." He said to Adamai, Yugo and Alibert. "Hopefully we can meet somewhere again." He said bowing kindly. As they left, the onlookers quickly spread around, as to not be caught snooping. Lightning laughed at this. They said their bye-bye's and began their trip towards Bonta. Aeri truly hoped there'd be a day when they could meet up with all of her friends.