Chapter 9: Rogues of Bonta

The children decided to stay out of the open, to walk the alleys and streets with fewer people. The two were different in many ways, the people wouldn't understand their existence. It was then that they saw something they weren't expecting. A group of bandits trying to Rob an old man's stand. ;"Give it up old timer. No one defies the Seven Lightnings!" A scrawny looking Sacrier declared, while a thin Osamodas with long horns was busy ransacking anything he saw. Their leader stood proudly, tall, on the side grinning from ear to ear. It was at that moment that Aeri's blood boiled. She dashed forward, creating a portal under the two goons busy robbing the poor man blind, the two falling in yelping in surprise. She made them re-appear above a near by river. The splash reached their boss' furcoat, he looked displeased, but as soon as he saw who did it, he began to laugh. ;"Shouldn't children like you be off playing tag elsewhere?" He asked. Aeri grunted. ;"I may look like it, but I'm not a child." She told him. He looked confused but brushed it off. "Shouldn't Rogues such as yourselves be off robbing banks or jewelery stores? Instead of old men?" She argued back smiling. The big guy gritted his teeth. ;"I'd prefer not to fight children." He said baring his fangs. Aeri smiled. ;" Me neither, but guess I have to make an exception." She giggled. The man ran towards her, she jumped above him, like leap-a-frog, bouncing off of his head. He fell backwards on his bottom. She quickly made a portal next to herself and another before him to disarm him of the dagger he had concealed. She only singed his hand. He threw the dagger at her. Shiroazaad caught it with his mouth half way, biting down hard enough to break it in two. ;"Cheap tricks won't help you now Rogue." He said. The big guy visibly angered made a fist ;"My name is "Lightning Fist" Smisse! You will not beat my group." The children were quiet. Then they laughed. "LIGHTNING FIST?! That's your name?? I'm sorry but- why would you choose that??" Aeri giggled. "That's really bad. Just... Extemely bad." Shiro concured. Smisse did not believe so. ;"It's a cool name okay?! What would you two know anyhow?!" He pouted. "THUNDER!, STORM CLOUD! Get out of the river and FIGHT!" The Osamodas and Sacrier both did as asked. They charged at the two little heroes, but Shiro quickly stopped them with a small flame wall. ;"Ho-oh! What!? Fire?! What are you??" Thunder explaimed. ;"The only beings capable of such are.. Dragons!" Storm Cloud said. Both the leader and his co-worker looked at the Sacrier in disbelief. "What? I read history..Sometimes.." He told them embarrassed. Shiro kicked him in the shin, angered. ;"OW! Why you little-" SC tried to catch him, Aeri sent an energy beam at him, hitting him bullseye in the face. ;"Brother, there is a DRAGON, We can't win this fight-" Thunder argued. Smisse caught him by the collar. :"Either you fight, or you're out of the Seven Lightnings." He told him. Scared, The Osamodas did as 'asked of him' trying to get a hit on the small dragon, who smacked him in the face with his tail. It angered Smisse, but these two kids were beating his men 6-0. ;"Retreat!" He told them the three then ran yelling: "We'll remember this children!!!" Our Heroes then helped the old Feca gather his things, putting them to place. Aeri thought: 'Those guys won't just let this be.. We have to find their base..'

Gladly the shop keeper was willing to help, he had seen them previously entering in an old abandoned art gallery, which they now kept as their base of operations, though they had not been doing many big time heists since the change in command. Apparently, they had since done only little, small time crimes, not even robbing a bank. Smisse was the name of a well known Rogue family name. Yet Lightning Fist seemed to have sullied that name. No real Smisse would ever settle for second rate crimes. So what was it that made him decide so? Not enough men? Fear? Guards? Whatever it was, she would find out.

The two silently snuck inside the abandoned gallery through the roof, walking on the balcony as carefully and quietly as they could. ;"BEATEN BY CHILDREN?? ME?! A Smisse?!" The leader of the Rogues yelled, throwing an old vase to the wall. Many quickly hid behind some boxes and stolen goods, no one dared to say anything back. "What are we?! Gobballs prancing in the fields?! NO. WE'RE ROGUES. Where was our fighting spirit for Sram's sake!?" He seemed to lecture. Aeri jumped down in front of the group. ;"Guess even your God doesn't appreciate your 'heists' if they can be called that" She told them. ;"YOU-?! You DARE infiltrate our base?!" Smisse barked. She didn't even flinch. ;"My brother told me stories about the great Rogue clans... They could steal anything, anytime, anywhere! Yet here you are, stealing from elderly? Fighting children? Oh how the mighty have fallen." She smirked. He tried to punch her, his fist covered in blue electricity as he did it. She ducked and rolled between his legs as his fist hit the wall leaving a nasty crack on it. ;"You kids do not get to lecture us." He told them. ;"Then become better!" Shiroazaad said. "Become the Legendary Rogues your God can proudly look at from the Inglorium." He continued. Sad to say, but the two heroes were right, they WERE pathetic. Small time pick pockets had better haul than they did. ;"Yeah! Take risks! Take chances!" Aeri encouraged. Had someone told her they'd one day be lecturing thieves, she would've told then they were insane. Yet here she was. Out of pity? Out or generosity? She didn't know. But the group of 15 Rogues looked like they needed it. Some hope. ;"So... uh.. who are the 7 Lightings out of you?" She asked, pointing at them one by one. Smisse scratched his head answering: "Three of them are here. There is me, then there's Lightning Bolt, and Lightning Storm over there." He pointed at a female Rogue and a male Ecaflip sitting in a corner, playing with their knives. "The rest have left the group to spread their wings. We Haven't been the same since. Being beaten by someone like you.." He said embarrassed. Aeri while a little hurt by the comment walked to him. ;"Hey, I bet if you had all come at me at the same time we wouldn't have stood a chance." She patted his back comfortingly. He said nothing but grunted. "I mean.. you still have your base. Your treasure... I bet you could all make a nice big heist if you'd put your mind to it." She told them. Some seemed touched by her words, some rather pessimistic. ;"and you would help us why..?" One of them asked. Aeri smiled. ;"Because I need information. About a certain Dofus." She said.