Chapter 37: Finding A Ship

The Brotherhood of Tofu was trying to find a ship from Havenport. Rubilax wouldn't stop talking about how nice he thought Cléophée was, which annoyed Amalia beyond reason. ;"We get it, you liked her, but we're not going to talk about her all day!" She said. ;"But still, she was so nice, that Cléophée, Cléophée, Cléophée, Cléophée!" Rubi kept saying. ;"I still don't understand why we wouldn't let her join us on our guest." Yugo said. ;"It's because she didn't have a permission to even leave the City of Cra, and-" Eva tried. ;"And because us five The Brotherhood of Tofu have always travelled together." Amalia said, Eva nodding with her. ;"Well if you count in Adamai, Shiroazaad and Aeri there's actually eight of us, not five." Ruel argued. ;"Well Cléophée is far too young and immature to come with us on an adventure!" Evangelyne said. ;"Young? She's the same age as you were, when we first started our adventure." Ruel said. ;"Well I for one, think she should become a full member of the Brotherhood, who's with me?" Percedal asked raising a hand, Ruel and Yugo both raised theirs. Shiro shyly raised his as well. ;"Well she WAS nice to me at least?" He said. ;"C'mon now, we all know Eva can be a bit uptight, a killjoy and a bit annoying at times, but real friends don't mention these things!" Amalia argued, hitting Eva with insecurity. ;"uptight Eva, has a nice ring to it." Rubilax laughed. As the two girls went on ahead of the guys. "She's going to be so surprised when-" Rubi said but Percedal shushed him. Yugo and Shiro looked at Percedal and Ruel questioningly. When they finally arrived at the port, there were rather.. explosive kind of people. Ruel said he'd take care of the ship problem, since with Amalia's taste it'd cost a fortune to them. Percedal thought they'd sleep in Ruel's Haven Bag like a true Brotherhood of Tofu members would do. Amalia had had enough of them, and decided it was time for a girls night out, dragging Eva with her. ;"I thought they'd never leave." Ruel said knocking on his back a few times. It stared moving, a hand coming out of it. It was Cléophée. She had snuck inside during the night, when she escaped from her guards, and followed our heroes. ;"I okayed it with Percedal and Ruel." She told them. ;"We didn't tell you Yugo since you can't hold a secret." Ruel said. ;"You're too pure for lies, and underhanded tactics." Rubilax concured. ;"and Shiro would've given it away with his glare." Ruel said. Shiro huffed in response. "Now if anyone asks just say you just found us again, alright?" Ruel told Cléo. They decided to split up as Ruel seemed to work better solo, Cléo was left with the guys who all gave her a smile in return.

Our girls were discussing whether Eva was uptight or not. ;"Trust me, it's better that you're there to ground Dally, or we'd be fighting at every crossroad." Amalia had said, Eva felt pretty bad being called uptight and a killjoy, it really got to her. She began to wonder whether the others had been right about it. The girls checked in on a local Inn, for the night where they would soon find out it wasn't exactly what they were expecting. Ruel was looking through every ship in the port trying to find the cheapest looking one. Most were in great condition, which would definitely make them expensive to board. Finally, he found the perfect ship. It was a little rusty, had random laundry drying on it, and it looked as if it was going to fall apart at any given moment. It was just what he had been looking for. He hollered for anyone. A little girl came to view. She wore a red bandana on her head, and had long, straight black hair, her skin was tanned, she wore a teal shirt which showed her shoulders, and orange harem pants. With her was a small Kralove with a black captains hat with a skull on it. ;"Who goes there?" Asked the girl. ;"Hello, my name is Ruel Stroud and I'm looking for a ship, there are seven of us six being children." He explained. The Kralove and the girl began whispering with each other about the pricing. ;"1300 kamas." The girl said. ;"That's too much I'm going elsewhere" Ruel said. ;"Wait! 1100 kamas" the girl haggled. ;"500 and that's me being generous your ship is falling apart." He said. ;"Deal! 200 now, and the rest when boarding." The girl said. ;"100 now and rest when we get there." Ruel said. ;"Deal!" The girl said. Ruel was holding his kama pouch, as he threw it for the Kralove, a bird came by and took it from the air, landing on the shoulder of a pirate. ;"Didn't anyone tell you about the salt tax? You have to pay up before you do any business here." A Rogue woman said, she was very big in build, with lots of muscles. Ruel tried to fight her but she sent him flying to the other side of the port where Yugo, Percedal, Shiro and Cléophée were. He quickly recovered going back, but the pirates had already left. He opened up a barrel to see the scared Kralove inside. ;"They took my Elaine. My sweet little Elaine!" He said. ;"They also took my Kamas. NO ONE. Takes MY KAMAS." Ruel said. ;"Where are they?" He asked. ;"At Felinor's. He's the worst kind of Rogue around here." The Kralove said. ;"Show me the way." Ruel said  placing the Kralove, Black Ink, on top of his head, as he began marching towards where the pirates had gone.

The others followed Ruel when they saw him going towards a restaurant, where lots of Rogues were busy playing arm wrestling, eating, and over all just had a good time. Ruel immediately headed towards the second floor doors which were guarded by two Rogues. He had a quiet staring contest with one of them until the Rogue gave up and did a secret knock on the door. When there was a response Ruel marched in angrily. Elaine was kept in a small cage. ;"Elaine are you okay?!" Black Ink yelled hopefully. ;"Dad! I'm fine. One of these guys mistook me for a little girl but I set him straight." She said growling at a beaten up Rogue. At the center of the room sat an Ecaflip with a red bandana on, he had a red coat worn like a cape over his shoulders, and matching red pants. He had blonde dreadlocks and he had golden eyes. ;"Felinor I assume. I came here for my kamas that she stole from me." Ruel said seething with anger, pointing at the  big Rogue woman. ;"Stole? Shinbreaker, did you do that?" Felinor asked the woman. ;"He hadn't paid his salt tax." She said. ;"Well there you have it Enutrof, everyone pays. Now get out, before we throw you out of here." Felinor said. ;"I could easily destroy this entire establishment with my friends, but lucky for you I'm tired and do not want to strain myself." Ruel said, his face all red from anger. ;"I challenge you Rogue! If I win you give me the girl and my money!" He yelled. The Rogue started at him wide eyed. He then went to tell the news to his crew. ;"I bet that I can win at arithmetics, and that the girl can eat more than your crew member. The red head will take on Shinbreaker at arm wrestling, the little boy will take on your best sharp shooter and the boy with markings will beat your best swordsman at a battle!" Ruel said confidently looking at Cléo, Percedal, Yugo and Shiro who looked back embarrassed. Felinor and his crew laughed hard at this. But true to his word Ruel DID win at arithmetics, Cléo did eat more of the disgusting seafood they served than Felinor's crew member, and Dally beat Shinbreaker using his Shushu powers, allowing Rubilax to possess him for a while, he destroyed part of the table as well. Yugo went against their knife thrower who threw all of the knives in row in the middle of the target, which Yugo easily destroyed with his Eliatrope powers. Shiroazaad went against their best sword man, whom he won by biting his sword, breaking it in two. He was too afraid to continue. Felinor thought they must be cheating, so he gave them one last challenge. Yugo would have to shoot through three kama coins with his powers, blindfolded. He accepted, having learned how to sense the Wakfu of all living beings, and how to see without seeing, he easily shot through the two first coins. The third coin was going to fall in front of Felinor when he shot the last energy blast which singed his bandana a bit. But he had won. ;"Now do I win or should I continue with the demonstration?" He asked. Felinor asked him to join his crew but Yugo told him: ;"I would love to play Pirates, but I have an important task at hand." Felinor laughed at this, and invited everyone to a party he was hosting. They partied the entire night away, letting Elaine go, and giving Ruel back his money.

The girls weren't having as much fun, not being able to sleep due to mosquitoes, and loud sounds coming from downstairs and from Felinors. They were totally tired and covered in bites the next day, while the others were tired from partying the entire night. When Amalia and Evangelyne saw Cléophée they were surprised to say the least. ;"I know what you're going to say, I made a promise to go to the City of Cra, but I kept my fingers crossed behind my back so my Cra's oath doesn't apply." Cléo said, helping Black Ink and Elaine with the sails. ;"Guess we're going to be travelling for a little while sis." She told Eva who didn't know what to feel, as they set sail to the Crimson Claws Archipelago.