Chapter 49: The Past

During the many lives of Aeri, one thing had always remained the same: the love for her family. She had always been a loving individual despite her being quite secluded with her brother. She had always loved their planet, the beautiful seas and the aurora colored skies. For a long time, she thought there would be nothing better than that for a long time. That was, until their lives changed drastically, and they were forced to leave. They were forced to hop from planet to planet, always further into the Krosmoz. She found beautifulness in the twinkle of the stars, and the many colors of the planets they visited. But mostly she found comfort in her siblings, who were there for her when she felt trapped. Especially Qilby. He would often check on her, when they were onboard the Zinit, and she would often check on him when he was spending too much time with his work, and too little with his family. Aeri was currently sitting on the hallway of the Zinit as she waited for Qilby to finish his work. When she didn't hear from him in a good while she knocked on the door. No answer. She portaled inside, to see him hunched over his desk. He was muttering something to himself. ;"Qilby? You were supposed go finish work a good a while ago." She told him. He only now realized she was even there. ;"Oh Aeri, I didn't hear you come in.", ;"You locked the door as to not be disturbed, so I came to have a look." Aeri said. "Now c'mon it's your daily break time." She told him. ;"But I still have work to do!" He said. ;"Not twelve hours straight you don't. B-R-E-A-K time." She said, as she nearly had to drag the man out of the room. He decided to walk on his own to keep his dignity. ;"Now what will you have me do?" Qilby asked, the bags under his eyes a clear sign of tiredness. ;"You rest." Aeri said deadpanning. Qilby pinched the bridge of his nose. ;"Aeri.." He began. ;"And no buts about it, or I'll go get Shiro and we will drag you by the ears if we have to." She said. Qilby began pondering his options. Maybe she DID have a point. Maybe all he needed was a good night's rest. He had been overworking again, he knew that much. ;"Fine, but I refuse to go sleep just yet." He said. Aeri grabbed his hand leading him across the hallways. ;"Good enough, now let's go!" She said enthusiastically. She lead the way despite them both knowing where the road took them. She was leading him towards the main hall and towards the windows. ;"Watch the space with me?" She asked, giving him the best puppy eyes she could muster. He couldn't exactly say "no" to that.

The two watched as the stars and asteroids passed by, silently. Although the ship itself was anything but. Many Eliatropes were out and about still doing whatever. Qilby yawned. ;"Is this a tactique to get me to go to sleep?" He asked doubtfully. ;"Nnnno. I would NEVER." Aeri said placing her hand on her chest. "How dare you even insinuate something like that. What am I, a criminal master mind?" She asked him. He laughed. ;"Where's Shiro?" He asked. "You two are usually inseparable." He continued. ;"Probably wherever Shinonome is. He likes to hang out with her these days." She said stretching her arms. "Then again, I might be hogging you all to myself accidentally these days as well." She wondered out loud. He turned red in hue for a moment. He moved his hand closer to hers, as they watched the space. They saw a small meteor shower pass them by. ;"Wow, that's beautiful." Aeri said watching in awe. Qilby turned to look at her. ;"Yes. It is." He said. The two stayed silent for a moment, watching the meteor shower go by. Qilby cleared his throat. ;"Aeri.. there's something I actually have been meaning to tell you.." He started. Aeri turned to him. ;"Yes?" She asked him. Qilby could feel his poor heart beating like a drum. He was trying to compose himself but looking straight into her beautiful green eyes didn't help at all. ;"We've been spending a lot of time together, and I.." He tried to say, but his words were failing him. He was usually so calm and composed, but this situation made him feel like a child again. Was he shaking? He didn't know, but he was silently wishing it wouldn't be visible. "Aeri I think.. about you a lot. Have been for a while now, but I didn't want to scare you away." He explained. Aeri nodded in understanding. "You know how I keep my memories from previous lives. Me and Shinonome, both remember everything, while you and the others can experience everything all over again like it's the first time." He told her. "I.. I love you." He said. Aeri's eyes widened, and her face turned red. "I have loved you since our very first incarnations. And these feelings have never went away. I know you probably can't remember everything that has happened, but... I hope you can believe me." He said. Tears filled Aeri's eyes. ;"Qilby I... I love you too. I was just afraid that if I told you, you wouldn't feel the same but.." she said. He placed his hand on her cheeks and she leaned closer towards him. He took her hand in his, and leaned in. The two shared a sweet kiss. They gazed into each others eyes, when there was a sound of the door opening. It was Shinonome and Shiro. The two sighed in relief that it was just their siblings. Although Shiro wasn't sure how to feel about the sight before him. Shinonome looked like she was waiting for this to happen, as she was smiling widely her hands put together. Both Aeri and Qilby were a bit embarrassed that this was how their siblings found out, but were glad they didn't have to hide it from them either.

And then Aeri woke up. She rubbed her eyes tiredly, and went to wake up Shiroazaad. ;"Wakey wakey Shiro." She said gently shaking him. He sat up, his hair a mess, his eyes still closed. ;"What's up..?" He asked. ;"It's morning?" She said like it was a question. "Now c'mon breakfast time." She told him grabbing him by the arm. "I feel like I'm forgetting something..." Aeri said to herself. "Had a weird dream. I think you were in it. Though it didn't FEEL like a dream but.. you know what I'm getting at right?" She asked her still sleepy brother, who nodded slowly, getting the morning coiffee ready. "I can't really remember what it was about though..  I think Qilby was in it too? And Shinonome?" Aeri said. "All I know is that I feel GOOD at the moment. Ready to face the world!" She declared. Shiro nodded, taking a sip of his coiffee. ;"Was this dream anything like the giant jelly mountain one where we had infinite amount of jelly?" He asked tiredly. ;"No I don't think so?" She said. ;"Bummer." He said. Aeri couldn't explain the feeling she had when she woke up, but she felt.. really GOOD. Better than usual. But there was a gut feeling that which she couldn't remember WAS truly important. But she decided it would come back when she needed it the most.