Chapter 28: The Knight

A figure was running through a thick forest, wearing all black clothing and a mask. They had a black Bow-Meow. A light shone from behind them. A blinding bright light. They jumped over a tree trunk as they continued running in panic. ;"RUN Remi!" Granny yelled. ;"I'm trying Granny!" Remington yelled back, as the light came closer and closer. Something big and loud was coming. ;"Go Granny!" Remington said throwing his Bow-Meow brother further away from the thing. ;"Remi!!!!" He yelped as light enveloped everything.

Elsewhere our heroes were flying on the skeleton birds, tired from the long flight. ;"Maybe we should all rest for a few hours! We're all tired from flying for so long" Evangelyne suggested, but because of the wind and distance, the others could barely hear her. ;"What?? continue flying?? Shouldn't we rest for a little while?" Amalia asked confused. ;"What?! Fly for a few more hours? Are you mad??" Ruel asked angrily. Evangelyne flew closer to Percedal who was clearly worried for his Shushu friend, who hadn't spoken anything since the day he lost control over the stone clones, and went against Rushu himself by disobeying orders. When she raised her voice to talk to the others however Percedal accidentally dropped Rubilax. They landed on the ground for the night to rest up, but Percedal was too worried for Rubilax to enjoy the time off. ;"Rubi, why won't you say anything??" He asked the Shushu who remained silent. He then began hitting the sword against a rock repeatedly in order to get a reaction out of him, but there was none. Aeri wondered whether he'd be alright. ;"I'm sure your friend will come around eventually Percedal." She said to him. He seemed a bit more hopeful after that, but was still worried.

They set up a camp for the night, and Amalia was telling them stories about her early life when a huge tree fell over the campfire. The heroes looked up to see something big, and bright. It came closer at a fast pace. They quickly jumped to the side only to see it was a huge train. Something flew from the side of it. A net, it caught all of them easily, and threw them into one of the carts. The train then began filling the cart with a sleeping gas, which our heroes couldn't resist. They soon fell asleep. The train took them to a tower, full of jail cells. Someone watched them from a little hatch on the side of the cart, as he placed them into the cell.
When they awoke they were surprised to see a man in a golden shining armor standing outside the cell holding Rubilax in hand. Aeri had a special cuffs in hands which prevented her from moving. ;"Hey, why do I have THESE?" She asked confused. The man pointed the Sword at her. ;"Quiet you Shushu! No longer will you deceive anyone, with your clever disguise!" He declared. Aeri was utterly confused. ;"I'm not a Shushu! What are you even talking about??" She argued. ;"Then why did my radar detect YOU? It only works on Shushus." He said. Aeri thought about it and it must have been because of her Stasis powers. ;"I-..." she attempted to say but stayed quiet. Yugo went to comfort her. The man introduced himself as the Justice Knight, a hero who finds, and captures Shushus so they'll never again be of danger to others. He told them a story of how Rubilax had while in control of Percedal's body attacked the Justice Knight and his Father, whom he had lost in the battle against the Shushus and ghouls. ;"and that is why Justice will prevail!" He said leaving Rubilax stabbed through the balconys wooden part. Our Heroes tried to figure out a way out of the cell, as well as how to free Aeri, when they heard talking from a cell next to theirs. ;"Who's there?" Aeri asked. ;"I know that voice.." said a familiar voice. ;"Wait.. Granny?" Aeri asked. Evangelyne looked at her, ;"How do you know Granny Smisse?" She asked. ;"We met him in the Rubilaxia town, shortly" She explained. ;"Then that means.." Eva said. ;"Yes I'm here too my sweet archer." Said Remington. Percedal was about to say something but was interrupted: ;"Who's that?" Yugo asked. Evangelyne explained that she had ran into a couple of worst kind of Rogues in Rubilaxia. ;"Why don't we let bygones be bygones, and help each other escape this wretched place, before the idiot comes back?" Remington asked. ;"So you have a plan?" Ruel asked. ;"A good Rogue always has a plan." Remington said. ;"See that orb with eyeballs in front of your cell? That's the inhibitor, take it down and you can get out of your cell." He explained. ;"Oh I've seen these before." Aeri said. ;"We need something to cover the eyes!" She said. The boys began throwing pieces of their clothing one by one, but seemed to miss each time, they even used Shiro's cape but missed. They were down to two options: Either one of the girls uses a piece of clothing, or Yugo or Aeri uses their hat. Aeri held down to her hat embarrassed that someone would see her wings, so Yugo was the one to use his. He actually made it, and portaled outside to get the others out.
They didn't have the keys to Aeri's specially made cuffs, so Shiro carried his sister in his arms.

When they got Remington out, he nearly managed to throw Eva of the balcony! She fell, but was caught by Percedal, who in turn was caught by Yugo, Amalia and Ruel. ;"Now we're even." Remington said. ;"And because I'm such a gentleman I'll leave you a present." He said opening up another cell, which had a special sigil on it. It disappeared, letting whatever was inside break free. Out came a giant dog like creature with big strong arms, and black fur. It walked on two legs. ;"Thank you for freeing me. As a thanks I won't eat you." It said to Remington. "But your Bow-Meow on the other hand makes a tasty snack." It said, grabbing Granny, it's stomach opened up and it placed the poor cat inside, closing it's stomach soon after. Yugo tried to attack the being, who in turn used it's fist against him. It then looked at it's hand, and suddenly it could make portals similar to Aeri's in color. She got chills from it. ;"Oh no." She said. As the being attacked them using the newfound portal magic. Evangelyne tried to run up it's arm to hit it with her arrow, but was surrounded by portals, there was a big explosion of energy, and soon all of them were down for the count. Shiro had accidentally let go of Aeri, who was currently hanging off of the balcony. The being looked at her. ;"You. You smell familiar..." it said, reaching it's hand towards her, grabbing her by her cape. ;"Why do you smell like a Shushu?" It asked in it's low growling voice. ;"No matter, I'll take you with me." It said, easily breaking the cuffs placed on by Justice Knight. It then grabbed Aeri, and looked at Rubilax who was laying on the ground. ;"And you traitor..." he said grabbing Rubi and placing him in his stomach. "Will tell me why you treated me so badly during our last meeting." He it said, smashing through the wall and outside the tower.

Justice Knight had returned because of the commotion, and he wasn't happy to see the mess. ;"You let Anathar escape?! Do you have any idea what you've done?!" He yelled. "This will not do." He said. Gesturing for everyone involved following him. He brought them to a meeting room, ;"Anathar is the worst kind of Shushu, powerful and dangerous. He is also.. my Father. He had to use his Shushu to protect me from Rubilax, but was too weak to take back control, I then placed him inside a magical cell until I could figure out a solution." Yugo listened excitedly, as he thought the Knight was cool, Amalia on the other hand was smitten by him. ;"We must capture him, and bring him, the Bow-Meow, Shushu, and your friend back, we will call ourselves, The Justice Band!" He declared. Remington wasn't exactly into the plan but couldn't just leave his brother. Ruel thought he was just full on crazy calling a Bow-Meow his brother. They travelled by the train, radar showing both Aeri and Anathar's location. ;"This makes no sense." The Knight said. "According to this Anathar and your friend should be right in front of us!" He stopped the train. Him and Percedal guarded the sides of the train, Yugo, Amalia and Evangelyne the front, and Ruel and Remington the back. They saw a red light in the distance, and more portals opened up, but they weren't expecting Anathar to attack from above. He crushed the train easily, sending everyone flying, he held Aeri in his right hand tightly. She couldn't make any portals, but could feel her markings appearing again, slowly. The portals gave her an awful feeling, like they lead to another world which she didn't want to see. Oh how right she was. Black appendages appeared from the portals which turned into tiny arms and claws that attacked everyone. They bravely fought them off. Shiro attacked Anathar with fire, who quickly opened up a portal in front of him, the fire going inside of it. Anathar was very agile for his size. He easily jumped around when they tried to attack by arrows and plants, and shovels, and guns. There was a bigger portal behind him, the Justice Knight along with Percedal and Yugo tried to push Anathar in, while Shiro tried to make him let go of Aeri. The fight had been too much for Anathar, who spat out Justice Knight's Father, and opened up his stomach. Justice Knight immediately ran to his father's aid. ;"Dally please don't let him take me, it's Rushu's world in there!" Rubilax said panicked. ;"Remi!" Yelled Granny. Both Remington and Percedal tried to get what they had come for, pushing one another. ;"I'm not going home empty handed..." Anathar said, swinging his right arm, still holding Aeri, squeezing in Yugo, Percedal and Remington as well. As the portal closed them all inside of it, everyone watched in horror as it disappeared like it had never existed in the first place.